The Cockburn Youth Centre is located in Success and is where Cockburn Youth Services operate. They offer events, programs and facilities for young people aged 10 to 24 years.
- Term programs including drama, cooking, tabletop games, job tips, women's boxing, mixed basketball, dodgeball and use of a music recording studio
- Holiday programs and events.
Peer Support for LGBTIQA+ young people
Cockburn RYDE opens in a new window
- Social support group for LGBTIQA+ young people.
Provides young people aged 16-24 with the opportunity to complete their 50 hours of supervised driving with a volunteer driving mentor.
- Youth Week (April)
- ANZAC Youth Parade (April)
- ‘Youth Noise’ music competition (September)
- FROSH Youth Festival at the Cockburn Rotary Spring Fair (October).
- Case management supporting individuals aged 10-18
- Aboriginal Youth Outreach Worker.
- Personalised support for young people aged 10-18 living in the South-West metropolitan corridor, referred by the Department of Youth Justice
- Life skills, health and wellbeing, and personal development.
The Youth Advisory Collective opens in a new window
is a volunteer group of young people ages 12-24 who live, work or study in the City of Cockburn.
- Volunteer group for youth aged 12-24 years
- Develops community projects and events for youth
- Helps to organise City events
- Meet with Elected Members to discuss youth-related topics
- Develops leadership, organisational and teamwork skills.
- Skill development, capacity building and partnership projects
- Engagement with schools and community organisations.
Contact the Youth Development Officer on 08 9411 3882 or email.