The Cockburn Youth Centre is located in Success and is where Cockburn Youth Services operate. They offer events, programs and facilities for young people aged 10 to 24 years.
- Term programs including drama, cooking, tabletop games, job tips, women's boxing, mixed basketball, dodgeball and use of a music recording studio
- Holiday programs and events.
Employ Me is a free service that offers young people one-on-one support from one of our youth officers for all things career and work related.This includes help with writing resumes and cover letters, applying for jobs, building interview skills and general career advice.
Residents aged 14-24 are eligible. Each session is 30 minutes and can be in person at the Youth Centre or over the phone or online. The program runs every Thursday, from 3.30-5pm. Bookings are essential to secure your place. To register your interest or find out more visit:
www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/Employ-Me opens in a new window
Cockburn RYDE opens in a new window
- Social support group for LGBTIQA+ young people.
Provides young people aged 16-24 with the opportunity to complete their 50 hours of supervised driving with a volunteer driving mentor.
Youth Outreach provides
- Case management supporting individuals aged 10-18
- Aboriginal Youth Outreach Worker.
- Youth Week (April)
- ANZAC Youth Parade (April)
- ‘Youth Noise’ music competition (September)
- FROSH Youth Festival at the Cockburn Rotary Spring Fair (October).
- Personalised support for young people aged 10-18 living in the South-West metropolitan corridor, referred by the Department of Youth Justice
- Life skills, health and wellbeing, and personal development.
The Youth Advisory Collective opens in a new window
is a volunteer group of young people ages 12-24 who live, work or study in the City of Cockburn.
- Volunteer group for youth aged 12-24 years
- Develops community projects and events for youth
- Helps to organise City events
- Meet with Elected Members to discuss youth-related topics
- Develops leadership, organisational and teamwork skills.
- Skill development, capacity building and partnership projects
- Engagement with schools and community organisations.
Contact the Youth Development Officer on 08 9411 3882 or email.