Community and Sporting Facilities
COVID-19 Post-Lockdown Transition February 2021
Following the recent State Government announcements, the Perth and Peel regions will commence transitioning out of the 5-day lockdown from 6pm Friday 5 February 2021. The post-lockdown transition period will be in place until 12:01am on Sunday 14 February 2021 unless otherwise advised.
As a result, the City is able to reopen its community and sporting facilities from 6pm Friday 5 February under Special Conditions Usage which have been provided to all sporting and community group organisers.
The following is a summary of the Special Conditions of Usage:
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory at all times unless participating in outdoor vigorous activity;
- A strict one person per 4m2 capacity rule is in place for indoor venues;
- A maximum of 150 people at outdoor venues for community sport or other activities;
- Encourage and maintain physical distancing;
- Maintain high levels of hand hygiene and surface cleaning;
- Seated service only at venues serving food and drinks;
- All sporting clubs should have approval from their State Sporting Association to resume sporting activities;
- All guests or participants must check in on the SafeWA App or fill in a Contact Register for their group (group organisers must return their Contact Register to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hrs after their event/activity);
- Application of the previous Phase 4 Special Conditions of Usage which forms part of your hire agreement.
Occupancy limits for Community Facilities
Occupancy limits for Community Facilities can be found in the table below.
||Number of Persons Permitted
(based on one per 4sqm)
|Atwell Community Centre Main Hall
|Atwell Community Centre Multi-Purpose Room
|Atwell Community Centre Activity Area
|Aubin Grove Comm & Sporting Facility
|Beeliar Community Centre Main Hall
|Beeliar Community Centre Meeting Rm
|Bibra Lake Community Centre Main Hall
|Bibra Lake Community Centre Activity Area
|Coogee Community Hall Main Hall
|Coogee Community Hall Office
|Coolbellup Community Hub Activity Area
|Coolbellup Community Hub Public Meeting Room
|Harvest Lakes Community Centre Community Room
|Harvest Lakes Community Centre Enviro Room
|Harvest Lakes Community Centre Activity Area
|Len Packham Clubrooms Main Hall
|Len Packham Clubrooms Office
|Old Jandakot PS Classroom
|Old Jandakot PS Kitchen
|Success Regional Sporting Facility Function Room
|Success Regional Sporting Facility Community Room
|Yangebup Community Centre Main Hall
|Yangebup Community Centre Activity Area
|Yangebup Community Centre Lesser Hall
Should you require occupancy limits for Sports Clubrooms, please contact email@example.com
Bookings System Update
A new bookings management system was implemented on 1 December 2020. As a result, all existing bookings have been transitioned from the old system to the new system and staff are currently taking new bookings in the new system.
You should not notice any changes as a result of the new system in the short term. In early-mid 2021, we expect to enable an online availability function as well as online requests to book facilities (in place of a paper based form).
While the City works through the process of implementing a new system, we ask and thank you for your patience. We will endeavour to respond to any email and phone enquiries as soon as possible. It is expected once the new system is fully implemented, hirers of facilities will be able to access more with regard to availability and submit requests to book facilities online; therefore making the overall process more efficient and effective.
Change of Booking
If you require to make a cancellation/change to your booking, please complete the change of booking form below.
Change of Booking Form