When to get help
If you are in doubt about any building-related matter, we suggest you contact us.
Also, seeking our advice before you apply for approval or a permit, will help to avoid delays during the assessment process.
Who can help
Our Building Surveyors can assist you with:
- The legislative requirements of the Building Act 2011 and Building Regulations 2012
- Building related permits including approval processes and how to apply
- Building in bushfire prone areas
- Building cladding audit.
Our Compliance Officers can assist you with:
- Unauthorised building work and/or structures
- Site inspections ie. what occurs at a site visit
- Lodging a complaint regarding alleged unauthorised building works, non-compliance with building permit conditions or untidy building sites.
Swimming Pool Inspectors
Our Swimming Pool Inspectors can assist you with:
- Pool safety barrier requirements
- Pool safety barrier inspections.
When you need an appointment
If you would like to talk to a Compliance Officer or Swimming Pool Inspector, we recommend you contact us to make an appointment.
There is no need to make an appointment to contact a Building Surveyor. Simply contact us via phone or email, or drop into the City’s Administration Centre.
Please contact us on 08 9411 3444 or at [email protected]