When to get help
If you are in doubt about any building-related matter, we suggest you contact us.
Ask our advice about your Building or Occupancy Permit
Did you know we offer free pre-lodgement meetings? Pre-lodgement meetings are a quick and easy way to find out whether you need a Building or Occupancy Permit before
you apply. Our advice can help you save time in the application phase, so you get it right from the start. No appointment is necessary, just come into our Administration Office at 9 Coleville Crescent, Spearwood or call us on 9411 3444 during business hours, 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Who can help
Our Building Surveyors can assist you with:
- The legislative requirements of the Building Act 2011 and Building Regulations 2012
- Building related permits including approval processes and how to apply
- Building in bushfire prone areas
- Building cladding audit.
Our Compliance Officers can assist you with:
- Unauthorised building work and/or structures
- Site inspections ie. what occurs at a site visit
- Lodging a complaint regarding alleged unauthorised building works, non-compliance with building permit conditions or untidy building sites.
Swimming Pool Inspectors
Our Swimming Pool Inspectors can assist you with:
- Pool safety barrier requirements
- Pool safety barrier inspections.
When you need an appointment
If you would like to talk to a Compliance Officer or Swimming Pool Inspector, we recommend you contact us to make an appointment.
There is no need to make an appointment to contact a Building Surveyor. Simply contact us via phone or email, or drop into the City’s Administration Centre.
Please contact us on 08 9411 3444 or at [email protected]