Payments, Infringements and Appeals

Your payment options

You have several options when making a payment to the City of Cockburn.

Online payments

You can pay the following online:
  • Rates
  • Animal registration/renewals for cats and dogs
  • Infringements
  • Sundry debtors e.g. invoices related to tip fees, hall bookings, lease rentals, sporting clubs and reserve charges.
  • Building permit or planning applications
  • Health licenses
  • Food premises
  • Strategic planning applications
  • Bonds
Make an online payment

Pay in person

You can make all payments in person at the Council Admin Offices located at 9 Coleville Crescent, Spearwood.
View map opens in a new window

Opening hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm (weekdays only).
We are closed on public holidays.

You can also pay your rates in person at any Australia Post outlet.

Pay by post

You can make all payments by post to:

City of Cockburn
PO Box 1215
Bibra Lake DC  WA  6965

Please note: Payment can be made by cheque or money order. Make sure you cross your cheque with "Not Negotiable".


Infringements may be issued for health, parking, litter, Local Laws, off road vehicles, animals and fire related matters.

If you have received an infringement it is important to pay or appeal it within 28 days of the date of issue of the fine.

If payment is not received within 28 days a Final Demand Notice will be sent to you with added costs and a further 28 days to pay the infringement notice.

If payment is not received in the next 28 days, your infringement notice will be registered at the Fines Enforcement Registry, which carries further costs and may effect licenses held in your name.

Appealing an infringement

Visit the parking and permits section for detailed information on appealing a parking infringement.

To appeal an infringement related to health, litter, Local Laws, off road vehicles, animals and fire related matters, please complete and submit the Infringement Appeal Form.

Infringement Appeal Form

Important notes:
  • Appeals must be received within 28 days from the date of issue of the fine or further costs may be added.
  • Make sure you retain a copy of your appeal for your own records, until the matter is resolved.
  • All appeals are lodged and processed through an appeal administration system and could take up to 28 days to process. 
  • A letter of response advising the outcome of the appeal will be posted to you.

Take an infringement to court

If you wish to have the infringement notice dealt with by a court do not pay the infringement notice.

You should immediately (before the due date) advise the City in writing of your decision to have the matter heard by a Court. You will need to complete and submit the Take an Infringement to Court Form.

Take an Infringement to Court Form

Nominate another driver form

Complete the Parking Infringement Appeal - Nominate Another Driver Form below if you have received a parking infringement and:

  • you were not the driver at the time of the offence
  • you sold the vehicle prior to the offence date. 
Parking Infringement Appeal - Nominate Another Driver Form

More information and contact

For more information or enquiries please email [email protected] or call 08 9411 3444.



Whadjuk Boodja
9 Coleville Crescent,
Spearwood 6163

PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC,
Western Australia, 6965

Office opening hours:
8.30am to 4.30pm
Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)

Language Support

Cockburn Nyungar moort Beeliar boodja-k kaadadjiny. Koora, yeyi, benang baalap nidja boodja-k kaaradjiny.
Ngalak kaadatj dayin boodja, kep wer malayin. Ngalak kaadatj koora koora wer yeyi ngalang birdiya.

City of Cockburn acknowledges the Nyungar people of Beeliar boodja. Long ago, now and in the future they care for country.
We acknowledge a continuing connection to land, waters and culture and pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and emerging.