Logan was popularly elected as Mayor at the March 2009 extraordinary local government election and again in October 2009, October 2013 and October 2017.
Logan and his wife Pat have lived in Cockburn for over 45 years. They have volunteered in the community for most of that time and believe in engaging with and serving the ratepayers and residents in the true Cockburn tradition. They are passionate about Cockburn, its people, its history, cultural diversity and its future as a place where dreams can be realised.
Swipe to see more
The mayoral role involves Logan and Pat being out and about seven days a week and most nights as they seek to ensure their commitment to the community is maintained, enhanced and focused on achieving great outcomes for a growing community. In their opinion, there is no greater contribution one can make than to serving their community with the values of trust, respect, honesty, integrity, personal engagement wherever possible, and inclusiveness, being priorities.
Logan says; “There are so many great things happening across Cockburn. As opportunities unfold I will continue to work to ensure Cockburn continues as a leader in service delivery and that those special places within our neighbourhoods that makes us proud to call Cockburn our home, our place of work and/or small business ownership continue to be enhanced. It is about people and their interaction with each other that builds resilience, sustainability and peace of mind.”
Logan is a Justice of the Peace, Fellow of the Australian College of Health Service Executives, has proven executive level experience, represented Industry and small business at state and national levels and previously served nine years as a councillor (1990 to 1999).
||PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake WA 6965
||0407 337 650
||08 9411 3420
||08 9411 3333
The wording on this page has been provided by the Elected Member.
Council - Internal Committees
Council – Mayor & Presiding Member
- Audit and Strategic Finance Committee.
- Chief Executive Officer & Senior Key Projects Appraisal Committee.
- Grants & Donations Committee.
- Local Emergency Management Committee.
- Delegated Authorities, Policies & Position Statement Committee.
- Cockburn Community Events Committee
Council Reference & Other Groups
- Cockburn Children’s Reference Group.
- Cockburn Sister City Reference Group.
- Road Safety & TravelSmart Reference Group.
- New Council & Administration Centre Reference Group.
Membership of External Committees to Council
(WALGA) Western Australian Local Government Association
- State Council
- South Metropolitan Zone (Deputy Chair).
- Governance & Organisational Services Policy Team.
- Municipal Waste Advisory Council.
- Environment and Waste Policy Team.
- South West Metropolitan Regional Road Group. (Chair).
- Metropolitan Regional Road Group - Elected Members (Chair).
- Verge Collection Working Group.
- Geographic Names Committee - Metropolitan Local Government Representative.
- Economic Development Policy Forum.
- Participation in the WALGA Mayors and Presidents Forum
Membership of External Committees to Council – Local Government - Other
- South West Group Board.
- Connecting Community for Kids Joint Advisory Commitee.
- Cockburn Coast Steering Committee.
- Cockburn Coast Liaison Group.
- Cockburn Central Youth Care Council.
- Mayors for Peace.
- National Growth Areas Alliance.
- Growth Areas Perth & Peel (GAPP) Alliance.
Membership of External Groups - Other
- Royal Western Australian Historical Society Inc.
- Historical Society of Cockburn Inc.
- City of Cockburn RSL Sub –Branch Inc.
- Boer War Association (W.A.) Inc.
- Friends of the War Memorial, Canberra.
- Placenames Australia.
- Cockburn Wetlands Education Centre Trust.
- Friends of Woodman Point Recreation Group Inc.
- National Trust of Australia.
- Sister Cities Australia Inc.
- Lions Club of Atwell Inc. (Charter Member).
- Maori Women’s Welfare League Inc.
- Cockburn Seniors Centre.
- Spearwood Dalmatinac Sport & Community Club Inc.
- Cockburn Bowling Club Inc.
- Cockburn Power Boats Club Inc.
- Wetlands Conservation Society Inc.
- Urban Bushland Council WA Inc.
- City of Cockburn RSL Sub-Branch Inc.
- Rotary Club of Cockburn Inc.
- Jervoise Bay Sailing Club Inc.
- Cockburn Power Boats Club Inc.
- Cockburn Junior Football Club Inc.
- Cockburn Junior Cricket Club Inc.
- Cockburn Community Men’s Shed Inc.
- Diabetes Association of WA
- Activ Foundation of WA