Print Blank Form
Waterwise Verge Rebate Program Design Application Form
All fields are required except where indicated
Application process may take up to 4 weeks
A water wise verge saves precious water and increases biodiversity and habitat, whilst providing shade to pedestrians and decreasing urban heat. The City of Cockburn supports improvements made to verges that incorporate Water wise planting and practices through this rebate program.
The City of Cockburn is offering residential property owners a rebate from $250 plus the giveaways for water wise verges planted between 1 May and 30 September 2022. The rebate amount is dependent on size of the verge.
All water wise verge rebates applications are subject to availability of funds, at the time of submission. Please retain all your receipts which will need to be submitted in the rebate form at the end of your project.
Successful applicants must comply with the criteria below to be considered:
- Water Wise Verge Rebates Design Application Forms must be submitted and approved prior to installing the Water Wise verge.
- Renters that have written approval from property owners are able to apply.
- Photographs of the existing verge are required to be submitted with the design application. Photographs of the completed verge will be required in the rebate form.
- The design applications that are approved must complete all works with material, plants, installation and purchases within 1 May 2022 and 30 September 2022. There are NO retrospective rebates, that is no works done prior to 1 May will be financially compensated
- Photographs of your verge before and after may be used by the City for media and promotional purposes, by participating in this program you give the City permission to use verge images.
- Water wise verge designs are to be planted with native (Western) Australian plant species and waterwise species that are identified on the Water Corporation website opens in a new window
- Call 1100 (Dial Before You Dig) or enquire online opens in a new window for safety and protection of underground utilities.
The first 80 applicants will be eligible for these free soil additives:
Note: street number and street name are needed for all addresses
City of Cockburn Guidelines relating to landscaping on verges:
- No plant is to be more than 600 mm when mature, or of hazardous nature (e.g. thorny or poisonous);
- Hardstand material (e.g. pavers only) is limited to 25% of the verge area, excluding the crossover. If hardstand is used it’s to be integrated into the soft landscaping, so as not to provide an area for vehicle parking;
- Artificial turf or synthetic grass is not recommended as a verge treatment, separate approval is required if this is used;
- Loose pea gravel, crushed brick or other stone aggregates are not permitted as verge treatments;
- Verge treatment is not to impede pedestrian access;
- General level and grade of the verge is not to be altered;
- Existing street trees are to be protected and not to be pruned or interfered with in any way without approval from the City and;
- Verge treatments are to be set back 1.5m from the road frontage, and if no footpath is present, a 1.5m pedestrian area must be available at the property boundary.