The Cockburn Seniors Centre’s mission is to promote Age-friendly and encourage seniors’ wellbeing and social participation.
The Centre will provide a broad, affordable, inclusive and accessible range of programs and facilities. These will include: recreational, cultural, fitness and educational activities and resources. The Centre will host a range of affordable ancillary services to promote health, nutrition and self-esteem. The centre will be a comfortable meeting place for seniors.
The Centre’s purpose outlined in the Mission and Vision can only be achieved if all parties:
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Conduct themselves with integrity.
- Treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Possess a willingness to accept people as they are.
- Use the Centre’s resources responsibly.
- Are responsible for their actions.
- Ensure guests also behave responsibly.
Unacceptable behaviour can generally be defined as:
- Words, actions or deeds which are disrespectful, demeaning and offensive to others’ identity, values and belief. This includes bullying which is repeated occurrences of the behaviours described.
- Behaviour that is not appropriate in a social or work environment and can affect the self-esteem of persons, morale and sense of oneness and cohesion of the membership of a club or group.
To ensure unacceptable behaviour does not occur the Cockburn Seniors Centre members, visitors, volunteers and staff are required to:
- Not abuse physically, emotionally, sexually, verbally or psychologically, or make any allegation which is untrue, improper, or derogatory against any members, visitor, volunteer, or staff member of the Cockburn Seniors Centre.
- Not harass, bully or intimidate in any form any member, visitor, volunteer, or staff member.
- Not take or be under the influence of any illegal drug or be adversely affected by alcohol in the Seniors Centre premises or designated outdoor areas.
- Not display any written or electronic material which could be construed as being offensive to any person.
- Use the Cockburn Seniors Centre equipment effectively and economically and not allow misuse or wilful damage of any such equipment.
- Not smoke in the Cockburn premises and designated outdoor areas.
- Resolve minor concerns with the person/s involved as soon as possible, to prevent them developing into complaints, grievances and disputes.
- Follow grievance procedures to resolve any conflicts as laid down in the Grievance Procedure.
If you require immediate medical support an ambulance will be called to support your health and wellbeing.