Anyone aged 18 or older, and is on the Western Australian Electoral Commission's electoral roll which is currently being prepared, can nominate for Council. You should be automatically enrolled for your residential address, but if you own more than one property in the district, you may be entitled to vote in more than one ward election.
Check with our Rates Department on 08 9411 3444 on your eligibility. Registrations to be included on the roll close Friday 1 September 2017.
You cannot run for Council if you are:
- A member of parliament or a member on another Council
- Financially insolvent
- Currently serving a prison sentence
- Convicted of a serious local government offence in the previous five years
- Convicted of an offence for which the indictable penalty was imprisonment of more than five years
- Found personally liable for misapplying local government funds or property in the previous five years.
Should you have any enquiries in relation to the 2017 Local Government Elections, please direct your enquiries to:
Mobile: 0417 948 976
Wards and boundaries
Please go to Our People and Suburbs for more information on Cockburn wards and boundaries.