Dog Registration and Renewals

Dog registration requirements 

All dogs over three months old must be registered and microchipped under the Dog Act 1976 opens in a new window.

Dog registrations are due by 1 November each year.

Dog registration costs

Length of registration Cost for STERILISED
dog ($)

dog ($)

1 year $20
($10 pensioner concession)
($25 pensioner concession)
3 years $42.50
($21.25 pensioner concession)
($60 pensioner concession)
Lifetime $100
($50 pensioner concession)
($125 pensioner concession)

Dog registrations and renewals

First time dog registration

If this is the first time you are registering your dog with the City, please complete the Dog Registration Form below and submit it to the City of Cockburn via email or in person at 9 Coleville Crescent, Spearwood between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm.

Renew your dog registration online

You can renew your dog registration online through Online Payments

Please refer to costs listed above.

Dog registration refund

Dog owners may be eligible for partial refunds for the cost of registering their dog. Please refer to the document below for more information.

Change of animal status

Please complete the change of animal status online form.

Change of animal status form

More information and contacts

For more information please email the Ranger Services Department or call 08 9411 3444.

Social Media Share Links below open in a new window



9 Coleville Crescent,
Spearwood 6163

PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC,
Western Australia, 6965

Language Support

Visit the City of Cockburn homepage

Cockburn Nyungar moort Beeliar boodja-k kaadadjiny. Koora, yeyi, benang baalap nidja boodja-k kaaradjiny.
Ngalak kaadatj dayin boodja, kep wer malayin. Ngalak kaadatj koora koora wer yeyi ngalang birdiya.

City of Cockburn acknowledges the Nyungar people of Beeliar boodja. Long ago, now and in the future they care for country.
We acknowledge a continuing connection to land, waters and culture and pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and emerging.