The City of Cockburn Sports Hall of Fame aims to recognise and promote the outstanding sporting achievements of athletes and sport administrators who currently or have previously resided in the City of Cockburn. Nominations are opened every three years to allow community members to nominate worthy individuals or to self-nominate. All successful inductees will be recognised at a City event and with the installation of commemorative plaques at the City administration building and at the Cockburn ARC.
Please review the following information before completing a nomination form.
Complete the online nomination form with as much detail as possible and provide any other information you believe necessary. This may be in the form of photos, certificates, newspaper articles or any other format which will lend support to your application. You will be able to upload these with your nomination. If you wish to complete the form by hand, please print the form from the website.
Nominations open on Monday 6 November 2023
Nominations can be submitted by one of three methods:
- Completing the online form at Cockburn Sports Hall of Fame - City of Cockburn
- By email to [email protected]
- In person to 9 Coleville Crescent, Spearwood
All submissions must be received by the City no later than 4pm, Friday 15 December 2023
Nominees who satisfy the selection criteria will be recommended to Council for approval for induction to the City of Cockburn Sports Hall of Fame, with the recognition event to be held early in April 2024.
Nominees can be living or deceased, and must:
- Be or has previously been a participant in sport, or involved in sports administration, at the highest level.
- Have been involved in senior/open age category of their chosen sport (however they do not have to be over 18 years).
- Have be or has previously been a long-term resident of the City of Cockburn (greater than five years).
Nominees will be assessed under the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrate a consistent high standard of elite level sport performance at a national or international level.
- Long term outstanding commitment to and achievement in a sport(s).
- Be or have been a participant in sport or involved in sports administration at an elite national or international competition.
- Must have been ranked or selected to represent their chosen sport by a National and/or International Sporting Body.
Participant in sporting activity competing on the sporting field, court, track, arena etc.
Individual who contributes to sport off the field, court, track, or arena in a paid or unpaid capacity which includes officiating, governing and/or working within the media.
For any questions regarding the Cockburn Sports Hall of Fame or your nomination, please contact Recreation Services on 9411 3444 or by email to [email protected]