My Time is an Aboriginal Parent Support Group. The group yarn about experiences and learning about family connection over food and friendships.
It's open to Aboriginal families at the Coolbellup Hub (view map location) on Tuesdays during school terms from midday-2pm. Lunch is provided and free creche for the children. Free transport is also provided.
Come along and make new friendships and memories while sharing food, craft and learning about interesting topics.
Kwobarup is an Aboriginal service supporting elders and seniors in the City of Cockburn, offering services to strengthen cultural and community connections. The way we strengthen our culture through art, music, food and celebration.
- Centre-based respite
- Inclusion for all participants including people with disability
- Home help and support
- Aboriginal/Nyungar worker presence
- Transport to and from the Day Centre.
- Low-intensity exercises
- Balanced, healthy meals
- Social activities to strengthen culture
- Cultural celebrations throughout the year.
Location and contact details
We are located on Whadjuk Boodja in the Jean Willis Centre, Kwobarup Building, corner of Healy Road and Ingram Road Hamilton Hill.
You can contact the centre on 08 9411 3444.
The City's Aboriginal Community Development Officer strengthens relationships between the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and the City of Cockburn by:
- Supporting community development programs and activities
- Raising cultural and historical awareness
- Providing information and assistance
- Enhancing cultural competency in the organization and community
- Coordinating the City's Aboriginal Reference Group (ARG)
- Implementing the City's Strategic Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
- Promoting cultural understanding through training and services
- Empowering local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander groups with a community development approach.
To contact the Aboriginal Community Development Officer, call 08 9411 3444 or email [email protected].
Health and Wellbeing Services
- Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Service: Provides culturally secure support to reduce drug and alcohol issues in the Aboriginal community.
- Beyond Blue: Offers mental health support, information, and resources for all Australians, including Indigenous communities.
- Black Dog Institute: Provides mental health research, clinical services, and resources for individuals and communities.
- Diabetes Australia: Provides information, support, and resources for diabetes management and prevention.
- Headspace: Offers mental health support, resources, and services for young Australians, including Indigenous youth.
- Advocare: Assists older Aboriginal people with advocacy, information, and support services to protect their rights and wellbeing.
- Close the Gap - Indigenous Health: Aims to improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians through targeted initiatives and campaigns.
Housing and Accommodation Services
- Aboriginal Hostels Limited: Provides temporary accommodation for Indigenous Australians accessing education, health, and employment opportunities.
Financial and Business Services
- Centrelink – Indigenous Australians: Offers support services, payments, and resources for Indigenous Australians from Centrelink.
- Indigenous Business Australia: Supports Indigenous Australians in building successful businesses and achieving economic independence.
- MyGov: A one-stop platform for managing government services, including support and resources for Indigenous Australians.
Cultural and Community Services
For more information about support services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, please contact the City’s Aboriginal Community Development Officer on (08) 9411 3444 or email [email protected]