Parks & Playgrounds
Start: Mid 2020
Finish: Mid 2023
Beale Park is located at 9 Kent in Spearwood and is the home of the Cockburn City Soccer Club. It is an active sporting reserve that plays an important role in attracting and growing community sport. It also provides open space for locals to enjoy.
What upgrades are proposed?
The proposed park upgrades will support the needs of sporting users and the wider community, and will include:
- Multi-purpose sporting and community facility
- Increased car parking and improved access
- More space for sport via the re-orientation of buildings, parking and fields
- New playground
- New floodlighting.
Following the development of a high level master plan as part of the Western Suburbs Sporting Precinct Study
in 2018, the City undertook further consultation in late 2020 to understand community priorities for a new playground, public artwork, and ancillary infrastructure at Beale Park.
What will happen next?
The City is working with external consultants to revise the master plan and prepare a new concept design that considers (but is not limited to):
- Site layout (to meet sporting and community recreation needs)
- Building layout (to meet user needs)
- Parking and traffic movements
- Sports lighting
- Environmental assessments such as Carnaby’s Cockatoo roosting sites
- Other technical elements such as drainage, irrigation, civil works etc.
The estimated project cost is $9.15m, with $500,000 allocated to undertake the project development process.
Stay informed and have your say
The City is committed to keeping you informed and seeking your input at each stage of the process.
- Sign up to stay informed: Register here to receive regular e-newsletter project updates and future invitations to provide feedback.
- Read more: Go to comment.cockburn.wa.gov.au/BealePark to find out more about the project.