What does CoSafe do?
CoSafe is the City’s safety and security service. CoSafe helps residents feel safer by providing an extra set of eyes and ears in the Cockburn community. This service reports to police when necessary.
CoSafe mobile patrols service all 22 suburbs in the City of Cockburn and can attend to callouts within 15 minutes. Staff can also call back with a status update once they have attended to your job.
CoSafe can be contacted for:
- Anti-social behaviour
- Suspicious behaviour
- Noise complaints
Opening hours and contacts
CoSafe operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
To make a report or to arrange a mobile security patrol within the City, please contact CoSafe on 1300 26 72 33.
Holiday watch service
Going on holiday? A CoSafe patrol officer can monitor your property while you are away.
For more details or to request this service, visit CoSafe Holiday Watch Service.
What do I report to CoSafe?
If it doesn’t look or feel right, it probably isn’t.
If you report a car:
- Explain why the vehicle and driver are acting suspiciously e.g. driving slowly and pulling randomly into driveways
- Describe the car - make, model, colour, registration and any distinguishing features e.g. car stickers, broken light.
If you report a person:
• Explain why the person is acting suspiciously e.g. shining a torch through windows
• Describe the person - gender, colour/length/type of hair, complexion, build, facial hair, tattoos/scars, age and type of clothing.
Once CoSafe observes the offender, they will request immediate police attendance.
Anti-social behaviour can include:
- Making a lot of noise in the street
- Acting in an intimidating manner
- Acting in an unacceptable way.
If you feel unsafe, contact CoSafe immediately. CoSafe will seek compliance from the offending person/group. If necessary, CoSafe will seek police involvement.
- Damage to property
- Damage to trees or playground equipment.
If CoSafe witnesses an act of vandalism, they will request immediate police attendance.
CoSafe attend to noise complaints on behalf of the City. Noise levels will be observed from the complainant’s verge.
When a second call is received for the same address, we will notify police. Police will also be notified if noise is a result of a party and there is a concern it will escalate.