As part of the City's commitment to consult with people with disability, their families and carers, the City facilitates a Disability Reference Group (DRG).
The Disability Reference Group works with City of Cockburn staff to consult on matters concerning access and inclusion in the area. Members receive updates on City of Cockburn projects and have the opportunity to raise any issues to be followed up.
The Group has a membership for people who are:
- Residents of the City of Cockburn who have a disability and/or are a parent, carer, advocate of a person with a disability.
- People who work in the disability field in a voluntary or paid capacity within the City of Cockburn.
How to become a member
To become a DRG member an online membership application form needs to be completed and it is submitted to the Disability Access & Inclusion Officer (DAIO). The nomination process involves receiving an invite to attend a DRG meeting, and a formal vote and approval of all memberships by the DRG committee.
Disability Reference Group Membership Form
- To provide information to the City of Cockburn and the community on issues relating to people with a disability.
- To give recommendations to the City of Cockburn that will benefit people with disabilities.
- To improve universal access and inclusion for people with disability in the City of Cockburn.
- Be informed of the City of Cockburn Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2017-2022 (DAIP).
Interested community members representing disability issues may attend Disability Reference Group meetings if the Disability Access and Inclusion Officer is informed before the meeting date.
The Disability Reference Group will be holding an Annual General Meeting (AGM) in October 2020.
Cockburn community volunteers (including people with disability, family members and carers of people with disability, disability service organisations) who have a passion for equality and working to enhance access and inclusion in Cockburn are warmly invited to attend.
Please contact the Disability Access and Inclusion Officer for more information on the Disability Reference Group on 08 9411 3444 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment you can use the National Relay Service to contact the City of Cockburn at no charge. Call 13 36 77 or visit the National Relay Service website opens in a new window.