Starting or expanding your business is exciting. Yet, in can also be a daunting time as you navigate through the many aspects of getting a business or new venture off the ground. Thankfully, there are many services to help you. We are here to point you in the right direction.
The most important thing is making sure you have all of the correct Business Licences, Permits and Approvals
Business Advisory Program
The City of Cockburn has partnered with Business Foundations opens in a new window
to provide three hours of tailored one-on-one support to eligible small businesses, at no cost. The advisory service is provided by senior business advisors, with hands on operational experience.
Areas of support
- Financial analysis
- Organisational design and workforce planning
- Business planning and design
- Supply chain diversification and management
- Tactical sales and marketing
- General support for any operational business issues.
Advisory session options
There are numerous options to choose from:
- 1 x 3-hour session to resolve a specific technical or strategic problem
- 3 x 1-hour sessions with one generalist business advisor, or three separate specialist advisors
- 6 x 30-min sessions to check progress on agreed activities.
The advisory sessions can be run online or by phone.
To be eligible, you must own a small business in the City of Cockburn. (Note, a small business has fewer than 20 employees and annual revenue of less than $2 million.)
Small Business Development Commission
The Small Business Development Commission (SBDC) provides a wealth of information on starting and growing your business. SBDC provides guidance, tools and templates as well as training opportunities opens in a new window
in the following areas:
- Starting your business
- Business structure
- Business licences and permits
- Business premises
- Financial, tax and legal
- Insurance and risk management
- Grants and tenders
- Avoiding and managing disputes
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Exporting and importing.
More information and contacts
The City’s Business Engagement Officer assists local businesses by:
- Being the key specialist point of contact when businesses need one
- Communicating relevant information via a regular business e-newsletter
- Coordinating and facilitating business development activities and networking events.
The role also plays an important part in advocating on behalf of businesses to the City, providing feedback to council and consulting with Cockburn businesses.
For more information about how we can support your business, contact the Business Engagement Officer on 9411 3444 or email [email protected]