Sport and recreation plays an important role in keeping our local community vibrant and active. The City of Cockburn is proud to have a number of local sporting clubs that provide a variety of sporting opportunities to the wider community. The Sports Equipment Grant has been developed to provide financial assistance to clubs to purchase new or replace essential sports equipment. The key focus of the grant is to help upgrade sporting equipment to increase community participation in sport and recreation.
To be eligibile for the grant, you must be:
- A sport and recreation club
- Incorporated and not-for-profit
- Based or operating within the City of Cockburn
- Servicing a significant number of local residents.
Schools and playgroups are not eligible for this grant.
The maximum amount available is $1,000 per year with the City's contribution not to exceed 50 per cent of the total cost.
The grant can be used to purchase new or replace essential sports equipment. This can include specific storage items to assist with storing sporting equipment safely and efficiently.
Funding example include:
- Footballs, soccer balls, cricket and athletics equipment for team usage
- Team and club equipment
- Line markers
- Transferable officiating items such as whistles and umpire uniform
- IT equipment use specifically for training, coaching, and online registrations.
Applications are open all year-round
Apply for Sporting Equipment Grant
- Ensure you are eligible and have read the limitations and conditions below.
- Submit your application via the link below. Note, you will need to attach a quote or itemised invoice and provide the reasons for needing the equipment.
- Successful/unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
- Successful applicants will receive the full funding amount via electronic transfer to the nominated bank account provided on the application form.
- No additional funding will be provided over the approved application.
- Grants will not exceed 50% of the total project cost.
- Funds are required to be used for “club owned” equipment for a team purpose.
- Funds are not to be used for equipment for an individual purpose e.g. boots, mouthguards.
- IT equipment must be solely use by the club for training, coaching, and online registrations. (The City recognises the advancement in technology used by clubs, however software and computers used for financial and personal purposes will not be funded.)
- Funding will not be provided for equipment used for ongoing and administrative tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the club and/or team.
- No retrospective funding will be provided for goods already purchased.
- For funding to be approved clubs must have no outstanding monies owing to the Council.
- All funds are to be expended as per items approved in the funding application within one (1) month from the approval date with unspent funds returned to the City along with the acquittal report. Clubs who fail to acquit funds will not be eligible for future grants.
- Clubs may only apply for the grant once per financial year.
For more information please contact the City's Club Development Officer on 08 9411 3444 or email [email protected]