CoSafe helps the residents of Cockburn feel safe by providing an extra security presence on the City’s streets. The service does not replace the police. It acts as an extra set of eyes and ears in the community, reporting to police when necessary. CoSafe mobile patrols service the entire City and attend to callouts within 15 minutes. If you ask, CoSafe can call you back with an update status once they have attended to your job.
The CoSafe service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. CoSafe cannot accept calls from the public seeking regular patrols during specified times.
What can I contact CoSafe for?
Community members can call for assistance on issues including:
One person or a group of people:
- Making a lot of noise in the street
- Acting in an intimidating manner
- Acting in an unacceptable way.
If you feel unsafe, call 1300 CoSafe. Where possible, we will engage with the offending parties to seek compliance. When necessary, CoSafe will seek police involvement.
- Causing damage to property
- Causing damage to trees or playground equipment.
If CoSafe catches the offender in the act of vandalism, they will request immediate police attendance.
If it doesn’t look or feel right, it probably isn’t.
Reporting a car?
- Explain why the vehicle and driver are acting suspiciously - i.e. driving slowly and pulling randomly into driveways
- Describe the car - make, model, colour, registration, distinguishing features (car stickers, broken light etc).
Reporting a person?
- Explain why the person is acting suspiciously - i.e. shining a torch through windows
- Describe the person - gender, colour/length/type of hair, complexion, build, facial hair, tattoos/scars, age and type of clothing.
Once CoSafe have observed the offender, they will request immediate police attendance.
CoSafe attend noise complaints on behalf of the City’s Environmental Health department and are required to observe noise levels from the complainants verge. When a second call is received for the same address, police are notified. If noise is a result of a party and there is concern that the noise/ party will escalute, police are notified immediately.
Noise report forms are completed by the attending CoSafe officer and submitted to the City’s Environmental Health department the next business day.
Going on holiday? Then call 08 9411 3389, five business days before you leave, or submit the on-line form. You will be asked questions to assist CoSafe in monitoring your property while you are away.
CoSafe will drive past your property and check that it looks secure from the front (CoSafe cannot go onto your property or around the back of your property). If the patrol officer has a concern, then your named emergency contact number person will be contacted. In extreme circumstances i.e. visual break and enter, the police will be contacted.
Contact CoSafe for a mobile security patrol in any one of the City’s 22 suburbs on 1300 26 72 33.