The City of Cockburn uses CCTV in accordance with the City’s CCTV policy, to monitor and record activity in the area. The cameras are installed at various locations through the City. Footage can only be released to Police upon request. CCTV supports the City of Cockburn in security management and community safety by:
- Detecting that something is occurring
- Recognising what is happening
- Identifying who (if possible) is involved in the activity.
The City also has:
- An Electronic Display Trailer
- Mobile Ranger/Parking Compliance vehicles
- CoSafe vehicles
- Rapid Deployment Kit - used in conjunction with WAPOL at prime hot spot locations
- Mobile covert camera - used in conjunction with WA Police and the City's internal departments.
The City are working towards the following initiatives regarding CCTV across the City:
- More CCTV and increasing our mobile CCTV fleet
- Greater use of Artificial Intelligence across the City’s CCTV network
- Advocate Main Roads to install CCTV in pedestrian bridges and tunnels in and around the Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge
- Advocate for increased CCTV and surveillance at the Australian Marine Complex, Henderson
The City will provide a subsidy for the installation of residential CCTV systems from Financial Year 2024.
Please contact the City’s Safer City Team for more information on 08 9411 3444 or email [email protected].