A Donation is a financial contribution towards an organisation's day-to-day running costs, not for a specific project or activity.
Organisations must be based in the City of Cockburn and/or primarily service the Cockburn community and residents.
Eligible applicants include benevolent organisations and services; not sports clubs, residents’ associations or other special interest groups.
- Primarily serve residents of the City.
- Be an established and incorporated not-for-profit organisation (or auspiced by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation).
- Demonstrate a high level of community support.
- Demonstrate financial viability and sound management. (For requests over $5,000, a copy of the most recent, audited financial statement must be provided with the application).
The maximum funding available to any one group or organisation in the Donation category will not exceed $25,000, however donations are highly competitive and will generally be approved for a lesser amount.
Donation applications will be open each year in March and September. Funding rounds are advertised publicly in local newspapers, on the City’s website, in e-newsletters, and the Cockburn Soundings newsletter. Closing dates are noted on the online application forms, and will be assessed and notified within two months of the outcome of the application.
The successful request for a Donation in any year does not imply any ongoing commitment of the same or similar contribution in following years.
Applicants must be based in the City of Cockburn or be able to demonstrate that you primarily serve the Cockburn community or looking to provide a service in Cockburn that will benefit the Cockburn community.
Funding will not be provided:
- To sports clubs, residents’ associations or other special interest groups.
- To private organisations.
- For a specific project or activity.
- If your services may present a hazard to the community or environment.
- If you have not acquitted any previous City of Cockburn funding.
How do I apply?
Please read the above guidelines, then contact the Grants and Research Officer on 08 9411 3444 during business hours, or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss before you submit an application.
Applications can be made at the Cockburn Smarty Grants website.
Please contact the Grants and Research Officer on 08 9411 3444 or at email@example.com to discuss before you submit an application