A Donation is a financial contribution towards an organisation's day-to-day running costs, not for a specific project or activity.
Organisations must be based in the City of Cockburn and/or primarily service the Cockburn community and residents.
Eligible applicants include not-for-profit benevolent organisations that directly assist the disadvantaged and/or vulnerable within the Cockburn community. This does not include sports clubs, residents’ associations or other special interest groups.
- Primarily serve and can demonstrate direct improved social outcomes for City residents and the Cockburn community.
- Be an established and incorporated not-for-profit organisation (or auspiced by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation).
- Demonstrate a high level of community support.
- Demonstrate financial viability and sound management. (For requests over $5,000, a copy of the most recent, audited financial statement must be provided with the application).
Priority will be given to applicants that can demonstrate:
- How they will provide direct outcomes for the disadvantaged and/or vulnerable in the Cockburn community.
- Overall benefits to City residents.
- Improved access to services or activities for Cockburn residents.
- Value for money and/or value adding as a result of the proposed funding.
- Other funding sources so that the funding is subsidising operations rather than relying solely on funding from the City.
- Alignment with the objectives in the City’s Strategic Community Plan.
The maximum funding available to any one group or organisation in the Donation category will not exceed $20,000, however donations are highly competitive and will generally be approved for a lesser amount.
Donation applications will be open each year in March and September. Funding rounds are advertised publicly in local newspapers, on the City’s website, in e-newsletters, and the Cockburn Soundings newsletter. Closing dates are noted on the online application forms, and will be assessed and notified within two months of the outcome of the application.
The successful request for a Donation in any year does not imply any ongoing commitment of the same or similar contribution in following years.
Applicants must be based in the City of Cockburn or be able to demonstrate that you primarily serve the Cockburn community or looking to provide a service in Cockburn that will benefit the Cockburn community.
Funding will not be provided:
- To sports clubs, residents’ associations or other special interest groups.
- To private organisations.
- For a specific project or activity.
- If your services may present a hazard to the community or environment.
- If you have not acquitted any previous City of Cockburn funding.
How do I apply?
Please read the above guidelines, then contact the Grants and Research Officer on 08 9411 3444 during business hours, or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss before you submit an application.
Applications can be made at the Cockburn Smarty Grants website.
Please contact the Grants and Research Officer on 08 9411 3444 or at email@example.com to discuss before you submit an application