Thank you for your interest in this year’s Inspirational Volunteer Awards.
We are looking for nominations of volunteers in the following categories:
The Community Leader award will be presented to a volunteer who has demonstrated excellence in the leadership of a community group, club or not-for-profit organisation.
Volunteer Organisation award will be presented to a remarkable community group, club or not-for-profit organisation who collectively strives to bring positive change to the Cockburn community.
Volunteer of the Year
Volunteer of the Year is an individual volunteer of any age who has made an exceptional contribution throughout the past year and has created significant impact in the community.
Mayor’s Volunteer Award
The award will be presented to an individual who has volunteered for a minimum of 10 years and has made an outstanding contribution to volunteering in the Cockburn community.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Volunteer
Awarded to an outstanding Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who has made an exceptional volunteer contribution to the Cockburn community over the past year.
Inspirational Volunteer of the Year
The recipient will be selected from the above category winners.
Please visit the Inspirational Volunteer Award page to complete the online nomination form.
Applications can also be submitted to the Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre (CVRC) via
PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, WA 6965
All applications will be acknowledged within 5 business days. Should you not receive an acknowledgement, please contact the CVRC.
Telephone: 9411 3490 or Email: email@example.com
To be considered, all nomination forms must be received by the CVRC before the closing date: 5pm, Friday 15 September 2019
The following conditions of entry apply:
- Nominees must reside in or volunteer within the physical boundaries of the City of Cockburn.
- Nominations for each category may be submitted by community members. Individuals may self-nominate.
- Nominators must complete the nomination form and provide contact details of one (1) referee.
- Nominators and referees must not be related to the nominees.
- Nominees and Nominators cannot be an Elected Member or Staff Member nor related to Elected Member or Staff Member of the City of Cockburn.
- Nominees must be aware of, and agree to the nomination and accept that the judges’ decision is final, with no correspondence being entered into.
- Nominators may nominate more than one nominee. If eligible, nominees may be nominated in more than one category. A separate nomination form must be submitted for each category and nominee, addressing the criteria for that category.
- Hard copies of the nomination form can be obtained from the CVRC T: 9411 3490, for those who are unable to complete an online form.
- All nominations are to be submitted by 5pm 15 September 2019
Judging and Results
A judging panel drawn from a range of staff within the City of Cockburn will consider all nominations and select one winner from each award category. Selections will be based on the award category suitability and the response to the selection criteria. All judging is final and no correspondence will be entered into. An Inspirational Volunteer of the Year will be selected from the category winners.
Presentation of the Awards
Award winners will be announced at the Inspirational Volunteer Awards Ceremony held at Spearwood Dalmatinac Club, Azelea Road on Sunday, 10 November 2019. All nominees and nominators will be invited to attend and are allowed to bring one guest each.
Each Category winner will receive a $500 gift voucher and certificate.
The Inspirational Volunteer of the Year winner will have a star named after them; receive an additional $250 voucher and certificate.
Contact the Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre (CVRC)
Telephone: (08) 9411 3490