Thank you for your interest in this year’s Inspirational Volunteer Awards.
We are looking for nominations of volunteers in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
- Environmental and Animal Protection
- Person with Disability
- Sports & Recreation
Please visit the Inspirational Volunteer Award page to complete the online nomination form.
Applications can also be submitted to the Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre (CVRC) via
PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, WA 6965
All applications will be acknowledged within 5 business days. Should you not receive an acknowledgement, please contact the CVRC.
Telephone: 9411 3444 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, all nomination forms must be received by the CVRC before the closing date: 5pm, Friday 12 October 2018
The following conditions of entry apply:
- Nominations for each category may be submitted by community organisations, local and state government agencies, individuals and Elected Members who are based in, or service Cockburn.
- Nominators must be a committee member, volunteer coordinator, or familiar with the work of the nominee.
- Nominators must be not be related to the nominees.
- Nominators may nominate more than one nominee.
- Nominees must reside in or volunteer within the physical boundaries of the City of Cockburn.
- Nominees for the Youth Volunteer category must be aged between 10 and 24 years on 2 December 2018.
- Nominees cannot be an Elected Member of the City of Cockburn.
- Nominees must not be staff members or related to a staff member of the City of Cockburn.
- Nominees must be aware of, and agree to the nomination and accept that the judges’ decision is final, with no correspondence being entered into.
- If eligible, nominees may be nominated in more than one category.
- A separate nomination form must be submitted for each category and nominee, addressing the criteria for that category.
- Hard copies of the nomination form can be obtained from the CVRC or call 9411 3444, for those who are unable to complete an online form.
Responding to Selection Criteria
When responding to the selection criteria, please consider these tips:
Positive Impact on the Community
Describe who has benefited from the nominee’s volunteering activities, and the nature and extent of the impact of the nominee’s work. Provide examples of how the nominee’s work has impacted on others, individuals or groups, and how far reaching the benefit and impact is felt and whether it will have long term impact.
Describe the type, range, depth, consistency and duration of the nominee’s voluntary activities and how they have contributed as a volunteer. Explain the activities undertaken and the individuals, groups, organisations, communities, and causes supported. Identify what is unique or outstanding about the nominee, their best attributes and how are these demonstrated. Provide examples of achievements and successes.
Describe how the nominee has shown initiative and provide examples. Describe the leadership and visionary qualities of the nominee and provide examples of how this is demonstrated. Describe how the nominee has inspired and encouraged others. Describe, with examples, how the nominee has contributed to capacity building e.g. developed resources, skills, knowledge that will sustain and grow the volunteering activity.
Describe any innovative approaches nominee undertook that contributes to significant achievement and lasting solutions. Provide examples of barriers and difficulties and how they have been overcome.
Judging and Results
A judging panel drawn from a range of departments within the City of Cockburn council will consider all nominations and select one or a maximum of two winners from each award category, in arts & culture, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, community, environmental & animal protection, person with disability, sports & recreation and youth.
Selections will be based on the response to the selection criteria.
The Inspirational Volunteer of the Year will be selected from the category winners.
Presentation of the Awards
Award winners will be announced at the Inspirational Volunteer Awards Ceremony held at Spearwood Dalmatinac Club, Azelea Road on Sunday 2 December 2018. All nominees and nominators will be invited to attend.
Each Category winner will receive a $250 voucher and certificate.
The Inspirational Volunteer of the Year winner will receive a trophy, an additional $250 voucher and certificate.
Contact the Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre (CVRC)
Telephone: (08) 9411 3444