Small Events Sponsorship funding is to support neighbourhood-scale events. Funding can be used to cover running costs, equipment and venue hire, marketing and promotion, entertainment and supplier costs.
Funding will not be provided retrospectively for events that have already occurred, or due to occur within two months of the application’s lodgement. Funds will not be provided for consumables or personal items unless the applicant can demonstrate that the general community will benefit from their provision.
You can receive up to $3,000 per application. Each organisation is entitled to one successful application per financial year.
You can apply for funding all year round. Your project must be two months or more from the date of your application.
Contact the Community Development team on 9411 3444 or [email protected] before you submit an application to the City. Once you have contacted the City to discuss your project idea, submit an application form opens in a new window.
You will also be required to address the following additional information in your application:
- Description of your project or activity and what you hope to achieve
- Proposed project plan – how you hope to achieve your project aims
- Proposed timeframe for the project
- Proposed budget for the event, including amount requested from the city and in-kind and/or financial contributions from the applicant or other sources
- Number and description of participants who will be involved
- Description of benefits to the community.
If your application is successful you will need to sign a Conditions of Funding Form. Once your project has been completed you must submit a completed Sponsorship Acquittal Form to the City.