Services for volunteers
There are many benefits to volunteering, including:
- Being part of a team and meeting new people
- Developing new skills and challenging yourself with new experiences
- Building self-esteem and confidence
- Supporting a cause and making a difference.
Through the Cockburn Volunteering Development Centre or Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre, you can:
- Access resources, training and information on volunteering
- Find out what positions are available at which organisations
- Register your interest on the City's confidential volunteer database (see below)
- Develop a profile to custom match to suitable volunteer positions.
Find out about current volunteering opportunities
To register your interest on our database, you can submit a Volunteer Referral Form online, or make an appointment to visit us. Please contact us (details below) to make an appointment.
Services for community organisations
Through the Cockburn Volunteering Development Centre, community organisations can:
- Find the best people for volunteer positions
- Access information, resources, training and advice
- Access the Centre's resource space and printing facility
- Participate in the City's volunteer management network
- Register volunteer positions on the City's confidential database.
To connect with us, please complete a Membership Application Form and return to our Spearwood office.
Location and opening hours
The Cockburn Volunteering Development Centre is located within the Cockburn Seniors Centre at 9 Coleville Crescent in Spearwood.
View Google map and directions
The Centre is open Monday to Thursday from 9am – 5pm.
More information and contact
For more information, please call 08 9411 3444 or email email@example.com.