About the City of Cockburn Governance Framework
The City’s Governance Framework commits Council Members and Management to a set of practices, in order to turn governance principles into reality. The Charter is the ‘how’ of Governance and includes:
- Support for frankness, honesty and questioning
- Effective management structures and practices
- Learning and feedback
- Ethical behaviour.
The Governance Framework is based on the principles of good Governance, which ensures:
- The Governance of organisations have a legal and ethical basis
- Decisions are made in the interests of stakeholders
- The Organisation behaves as a good corporate citizen.
Governance Framework Principles
The City’s main governance principles are based on:
- Culture and vision: There is a positive culture that promotes openness and honesty, in which constructive and respectful questioning is encouraged and accountability is clear.
- Roles and relationships: There is clarity about the roles within Local Government and there exists a sophisticated approach to defining and implementing these.
- Decision-making and management: There are effective decision-making processes in place that reflect the transparency and accountability which underpin excellence in local government.
- Accountability: The City must account for its activities and have systems that support accountability.
For more details, download the Governance Framework below.