The Freedom of Information Act 1992 gives individuals, corporations and businesses the right to apply for access to documents held by Public Sector agencies which including Local Government Authorities.
The Act gives any person the right to:
Access copies of documents held by the City, except exempt documents
Ask for information the City holds about you to be changed or annotated if it is incomplete, out of date, incorrect or misleading
Seek a review of a City decision not to allow you access to a document or not to amend your personal record.
You can ask to see any document that the City holds. Please note that the City can refuse access to some documents, or parts of documents that are exempt.
Complete the request form below. Please note fees and charges will be applied depending on the request.
Freedom of Information Request Form
Complete and submit the online Freedom of Information Application Form
Fees and Charges
Application fee: $30.00
Charge for time dealing with application (per hour, or pro rata for a part of an hour): $30.00
Charge for access time supervised by staff (per hour, or pro rata for a part of an hour) when access is given to view documents: $30.00
Charges for photocopying
- per hour, or pro rata for a part of an hour of staff time: $30.00
- per copy $00.20
Charge for time taken by staff transcribing information from a tape or other device (per hour, or pro rata for a part of an hour): $30.00
Charge for preparing a copy of a tape, film or computerised information: Actual Cost
Charge for delivery, packaging and/or postage: Actual Cost
Personal information or amendment of personal information about yourself (e.g. your medical records; details of employment etc): No Charge
Advance deposits may be required by agency under Section 18(1) of the Act, as a percentage of the estimated charges which will be payable in excess of the
application fee: 25%
Further advance deposit which may be required by agency under Section 18(4) of the Act, expressed as a percentage of the estimated charges will be payable in excess of the application fee:75%
Forms of Access
Where the agency is unable to grant access in the form requested, access may be given in a different form.
- Please provide sufficient information to enable the correct document(s) to be identified.
- The agency may request proof of identity.
- If you are seeking access to document(s) on behalf of another person or organisation, the agency will require authorisation, usually in writing.
- Your application will be dealt with as soon as practicable (and, in any case, within 45 days) after it is received.
Further information can be obtained from the Office of the Information Commissioner;
- Mail: Albert Facey House, 469 Wellington Street, Perth WA 6000
- Phone: 08 6551 7888 (or for country W.A. callers only: 1800 621 244)
- Website: www.oic.wa.gov.au opens in a new window
Please contact the City’s Governance Services on 08 9411 3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org