What to do
You must pay or appeal your infringement within 28 days of the date of issue. After this, a Final Demand Notice will be sent to you with added costs. This gives you an extra 28 days to pay the infringement notice.
If payment is not received in the next 28 days, your infringement notice becomes registered at the Fines Enforcement Registry. This carries further costs and may affect licenses held in your name.
How to pay your parking infringement
Council Administration Building
9 Coleville Crescent, Spearwood
8.30am to 4.30pm weekdays.
Address to: City of Cockburn, PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, 6965
Cross your cheque with “Not Negotiable”
Via Online Payments Facility
Appealing a parking fine
You may wish to appeal your parking infringement if you have valid grounds to do so. You can appeal the infringement online.
Invalid reasons to appeal a parking infringement
The City of Cockburn is generally unable to withdraw an infringement if:
- You had an appointment that went over time
- You lost track of the time
- You took an important phone call and were delayed
- You parked for just a few minutes over the allowed time
- You did not see or understand the sign
- You did not know the parking rules
- You thought that you were allowed to park there
- There was nowhere else to park
- You ran out of petrol.
Valid reasons to appeal a parking infringement
Your infringement notice may be overturned if:
- Your vehicle broke down and you could not move it. Proof needed: RAC call-out documentation or other evidence of mechanical failure.
- If you were not the driver at the time of the issued infringement. Proof needed: Complete the Nominate another drive/owner form including the driver’s name and address details.
- Your disabled parking permit may have fallen from the dashboard. Proof needed: You must produce your ACROD permit on request.
- Immediate medical attention being undertaken or required by driver. Proof needed: Medical certificate/documentation.
- Your vehicle was stolen or you were detained by the police. Proof needed: The Police Reference Number.