Parking Infringements

If you receive a parking infringement

What to do

You must pay or appeal your infringement within 28 days of the date of issue. After this, a Final Demand Notice will be sent to you with added costs. This gives you an extra 28 days to pay the infringement notice.

If payment is not received in the next 28 days, your infringement notice becomes registered at the Fines Enforcement Registry. This carries further costs and may affect licenses held in your name.

How to pay your parking infringement?

In Person
Council Administration Building
9 Coleville Crescent, Spearwood
8.30am to 4.30pm weekdays.

By Post
Address to: City of Cockburn, PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, 6965
Cross your cheque with “Not Negotiable”

Via Online Payments Facility

Appealing a parking fine

You may wish to appeal your parking infringement if you have valid grounds to do so. You can appeal the infringement by completing the Parking Infringement Appeal Form.

Parking Infringement Appeal Form

Invalid reasons to appeal a parking infringement

The City of Cockburn is generally unable to withdraw an infringement if:

  • You had an appointment that went over time
  • You lost track of the time
  • You took an important phone call and were delayed
  • You parked for just a few minutes over the allowed time
  • You did not see or understand the sign
  • You did not know the parking rules
  • You thought that you were allowed to park there
  • There was nowhere else to park
  • You ran out of petrol.

Valid reasons to appeal a parking infringement

Your infringement notice may be overturned if:

  • Your vehicle broke down and you could not move it. Proof needed: RAC call-out documentation or other evidence of mechanical failure.
  • If you were not the driver at the time of the issued infringement. Proof needed: Complete the Nominate another drive/owner form including the driver’s name and address details.
  • Your disabled parking permit may have fallen from the dashboard. Proof needed: You must produce your ACROD permit on request.
  • Immediate medical attention being undertaken or required by driver. Proof needed: Medical certificate/documentation.
  • Your vehicle was stolen or you were detained by the police. Proof needed: The Police Reference Number.

Nominate another driver form

Complete the Parking Infringement Appeal - Nominate Another Driver Form below if you have received a parking infringement and:

  • you were not the driver at the time of the offence
  • you sold the vehicle prior to the offence date. 
Nominate Another Driver Form
Social Media Share Links below open in a new window



9 Coleville Crescent,
Spearwood 6163

Po Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC,
Western Australia, 6965

Visit the City of Cockburn homepage