Sport and recreation plays an important role in keeping our local community vibrant and active. The City of Cockburn is proud to have a number of local sporting clubs that provide a variety of sporting opportunities to the wider community.
To assist our local clubs, the Sports Equipment Grant (SEG) has been developed to reflect our commitment to support local sporting clubs by contributing to the purchase of essential sports equipment.
The key focus of the grant is to help upgrade sporting equipment to increase community participation in sport and recreation.
The maximum amount available is $1,000 per year with Council’s contribution not to exceed 50 per cent of the total cost.
Incorporated and not-for-profit sport and recreation clubs may apply for sporting equipment grants.
Clubs must be based or operating within the City of Cockburn and be servicing a significant number of local residents.
Please note the following Sporting Equipment Grant conditions:
- No additional funding will be provided over the approved application
- Grants will not exceed 50 per cent of the total project cost
- Additional information must be attached to the application form (i.e. quotes, Clubs Incorporation Certificate and public liability insurance)
- Funds are required to be used for 'club owned' equipment for a team purpose
- Funds are not to be used for equipment for an individual purpose i.e. boots, mouthguards
- IT equipment must be solely used by the club for training, coaching, and online registrations. The City recognises the advancement in technology used by clubs, however software and computers used for financial and personal purposes will not be funded
- Funds will not be provided for equipment used for ongoing and administrative tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the club and/or team
- No retrospective funding will be provided for goods already purchased
- Clubs may only apply for the SEG once every financial year.
Applications can be made at the Cockburn Smarty Grants website.
Apply for a Sporting Equipment Grant opens in a new window
Grant guidelines can be viewed below.
For more information about eligibility or to obtain an application form, please contact the Recreation Services Department on 08 9411 3444 or email [email protected]