Parks Usage Notification FAQ

What is a Parks Usage Notification?
A Parks Usage Notification relates to any organised activity scheduled to take place within a City of Cockburn Park or Reserve. These are private functions (closed invitation) that are not open to the general public to attend. Any activities that are open to the general public are considered events, with an Events Package required in these situations.
Who should place a notification form?
  • Anyone wishing to conduct an organised activity (birthday party, wedding, wedding reception, sporting activity etc).

  • Schools,

  • Clubs,

  • Associations,

  • Corporations,

  • Incorporated bodies,

  • Hiring for commercial or profit based activities,

  • Anyone wishing to include a structure (bouncy castle, marquee etc) or petting zoo, pony rides as part of a function on a reserve

  • Anyone contracting (hiring) a company to operate on a City of Cockburn reserve. (face painting, magician, bubble man etc) 

Do I need to submit a notification form?

We encourage organised functions to submit a notification form. Some of the reasons we require a notification are:

  • To ensure that the usage doesn’t clash with other bookings, sporting games or events.

  • To ensure that the reserve is not too crowded for both casual users and other usages.

  • To ensure that work is not scheduled to take place on the reserve that may affect the usage.

  • To ensure the reticulation is not running during the booking.

  • The reserve ground staff can tailor their maintenance schedule around the usage.

  • To ensure that the appropriate public liability insurances are in place for the park usage.

  • To ensure that there are adequate facilities at the reserve to accommodate the usage.

  • A large number of reserves are used to host large events, triathlons and notification, with sections of the reserve often being closed off to the public during set up of any equipment associated with these events and notication.
Staff can assist with sourcing a suitable or alternative venue for your occasion if your chosen venue is unavailable.
How do I place a booking?
Check the requested reserve is available on the  date and time by contacting the Bookings Officer on 9411 3444. 
How far in advance should I book?

A notification form should be submitted at the customer’s earliest convenience, at least 3 weeks prior to the required date. Bookings are only placed in the system as the forms are received. Popular locations (Manning Park) book fast and well in advance, so customers should submit an notification form ASAP to avoid disappointment.  Please note, there is a small time lapse between a form being submitted and the system being updated. This may result in the area being shown as available, while a form is proceeding through the system. 

Do I need to supply a site map?

If you are proposing to set up equipment (bouncy castle, marquee etc.) or to bring vehicles onto the reserve, where approved, then a site plan is a good idea, and can be submitted with your notification form.  These can be requested and emailedto you a photo of the reserve for you to indicate where you would like to hold your party.

When will approval or a bond be required?

Additional information and/or approval may be required for structures or facilities/activities brought to the park.  Please talk the the Bookings officer about your plans.

A Credit Card bond is required if there is a structure or fixed fixture being used on the grounds such as:

  • Catering equipment

  • Bouncy castles

  • Marquees, tents etc.

  • Pony rides

  • Animal farms

  • Vehicles accessing the reserve where approved.

What is considered a marquee?
Any single shade structure over 3 x 3 in diameter.  You will require approval from the City of Cockburn to erect anything larger.
Can a BBQ be booked?

As it is public open space we are unable to book a bbq for you,  as it is on a first come first served basis.

Due to the environmental impact to the grounds we are unable to permit waterslides in any of the parks.

The area must be cleared of any litter to the conclusion of your booking.  If the City is required to undertake a clean-up of the area as a result of a booking, then the cost associated with this will be forwarded to the user.


Power may be supplied on submission of an Events Application and approval from City of Cockburn, charges will apply.  Power will not be supplied to users for bouncy castle set up

Social Media Share Links below open in a new window



9 Coleville Crescent,
Spearwood 6163

PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC,
Western Australia, 6965

Language Support

Visit the City of Cockburn homepage

Cockburn Nyungar moort Beeliar boodja-k kaadadjiny. Koora, yeyi, benang baalap nidja boodja-k kaaradjiny.
Ngalak kaadatj dayin boodja, kep wer malayin. Ngalak kaadatj koora koora wer yeyi ngalang birdiya.

City of Cockburn acknowledges the Nyungar people of Beeliar boodja. Long ago, now and in the future they care for country.
We acknowledge a continuing connection to land, waters and culture and pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and emerging.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are warned that this website may contain images and voices of deceased persons.