There are many benefits to working with the City of Cockburn, including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Nine day fortnight
- Two extra days of leave per year
- Flexi time (time off in lieu)
- Generous study program – we pay 50 per cent of relevant university and TAFE fees!
- Free membership to Cockburn ARC
- Salary packaging (superannuation, laptops and vehicles)
- Generous superannuation (with Council matching extra contributions up to four per cent)
- Professional development opportunities
- Recognition awards
- HBF corporate discount
- Free wellness programs (including the Employee Assistance Program offering free counselling and a range of health assessments)
- Free parking
- Generous long service leave and paid maternity/ paternity leave
- Great location, close to the beach and shops!
To find out about jobs available and how to apply visit: Current Vacancies
If you have a disability, you can choose whether or not to tell us about your disability in your application or at any stage in the application process.
The application process for applicants with disabilities is the same as it would be for anyone applying for the position. However, you may like to supply some information about your disability and discuss any work-related adjustments that you may require in your cover letter.
You can let us know if you are working with a Disability Employment Service who can contact us to discuss any specific needs you may have. We can also include and advise your Disability Employment Service on the progress of the application, if requested by you.
Adjustments for the interview
If you have a disability and have been offered an interview, you are welcome to discuss any special requirements with the recruiting officer at this point. The City will take all reasonable steps to ensure accessibility requirements are made available for your interview. This may include making allowance for an Auslan interpreter in the interview, providing information about wheelchair access and ACROD parking, or access to the City’s hearing loop system.
During the interview
If you have not mentioned your disability in your application, you may want to discuss this at the interview. This may include how your disability may affect your ability to perform certain duties and what adjustments may be needed to assist with this. Any adjustments can be discussed in more detail during the recruitment process.
As an employee of the City
You can discuss any needs you may have, or changes to those needs at any time during your employment at the City of Cockburn. Adjustments can be made as long as you are able to fulfil the inherent requirements of the position.
Here’s how to apply for work experience:
- Go online to see all the different areas of local government and what area appeals to you
- Prepare a brief cover letter (outlining the area you are interested in and the dates and times you are available for work experience) and a brief resume
- Send your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources will send your request to the relevant area manager to assess and we will contact you to let you know the outcome. If we can host you for work experience, you will need to provide your own insurance cover (if you are with a school or training provider they usually provide this for you).