KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children/youth aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance of up to $300 per financial year towards club registration fees, uniforms and equipment.
To receive KidSport funding, the child/youth must be:
- 5–18 years old
- Registering with a KidSport Club
- Named on a valid Services Australia Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.
You can apply for a maximum of $300 each calendar year, which can be used for club registration fees, uniforms and equipment.
Each voucher code issued will be valid for a period of 90 days. This means that you must submit your code to the club within 90 days from the date you receive your approval email.
- Retrospective fees are not payable through KidSport.
- The fees go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project.
Applications are accepted all year-round.
The current KidSport voucher round runs from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024. Funding available per child resets on 1 July each year.
Apply for KidSport
- You will require a copy of your concession card* and the name of the KidSport Club
- Applications are completed online by the parent or guardian of the child (see link below).
*No concession card? A Special Consideration may help if your family is in financial distress.
To become a KidSport registered club, visit the KidSport website.
Club eligibility criteria:
- Clubs will have to meet the definition of sport as their primary activity
- Clubs must have an ABN
- Clubs must be either incorporated or a business affiliated with their State Sporting Association.
For more information or assistance call the City's Club Development Officer on 08 9411 3444 or email [email protected]