The Donations Program provides financial support towards the everyday operational costs of organisations. This program is designed to assist not-for-profit organisations that help the disadvantaged and vulnerable within the Cockburn community.
The following are eligibile to apply for a donation:
- Not-for-profit organisations based in the City of Cockburn or primarily serving its residents
- Established and incorporated organisations demonstrating significant community support.
: Sports clubs, residents’ associations, and other special interest groups are not eligible.
The maximum funding available to any one group or organisation is $20,000, however donations are highly competitive and will generally be approved for a lesser amount.
Priority will be given to applicants that can demonstrate:
- How they will provide direct outcomes for the disadvantaged and/or vulnerable in the Cockburn community
- Overall benefits to City residents
- Improved access to services or activities for Cockburn residents
- Value for money and/or value adding as a result of the proposed funding
- Other funding sources so that the funding is subsidising operations rather than relying solely on funding from the City
- Alignment with the objectives in the City’s Strategic Community Plan.
Donation applications open each year in March and September.
- Ensure you are eligible to apply and review the conditions and limitations below
- Contact the City to discuss your eligibility and application
- Submit your application through the link below.
Applications will be assessed and notified within three months of the outcome of the application.
Apply for a Donation
Before applying please ensure you are aware of the following:
- Donations will not be provided to sports clubs, residents’ associations, special interest groups or private organisations.
- Donations are granted as a single instance of support, without a promise of future funding.
- Donations will not be provided for a specific project or activity.
- Applicants who have previously received funding must have fully accounted for that funding before submitting a new application.
- Donations will not be provided for services that:
- May divide communities by denigrating, excluding, or offending
- May present a hazard to the community or environment
- Relate to political campaigns or lobbying.
Contact the City's Community Grants Team on 08 9411 3444 or email [email protected].