Nominations for 2021 will open 30 August.
Inspirational Volunteer Organisation of the Year
Thank you for your interest in this year’s Cockburn Volunteer Awards.
We are looking for nominations of volunteers in the following categories:
Volunteer Organisation award will be presented to a remarkable community group, club or not-for-profit organisation who collectively strives to bring positive change to the Cockburn community.
Inspirational Volunteer of the Year
Volunteer of the Year is an individual volunteer of any age who has made an exceptional contribution throughout the past year and has significantly impacted the community.
Mayor's Volunteer Award
The award will be presented to an individual who has volunteered for a minimum of 10 years and has made an outstanding contribution to volunteering in the Cockburn community.
Please visit theCockburn Volunteer Award page to complete the online nomination form.
Applications can also be submitted to the Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre (CVRC) via
PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, WA 6965
All applications will be acknowledged within 5 business days. Should you not receive an acknowledgement, please contact the CVRC.
Telephone: 9411 3490 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, all nomination forms must be received by the CVRC before the closing date: All nominations are to be submitted by COB, 30 September 2021.
The following conditions of entry apply:
- Nominators must be over the age of 18 and complete the nomination form, providing contact details of one (1) unrelated referee.
- Nominators may nominate more than one person or group.
- Nominators will have the opportunity to put the nominee forward for the Australia Day Citizenship Awards.
- City of Cockburn Elected Members can not be nominators.
- Nominees must reside in or volunteer within the physical boundaries of the City of Cockburn.
- Nominees may be nominated in more than one category using a separate nomination form for each category.
- Nominations will be withdrawn if the nominee was a winner of the same category last year, however, they can be nominated in an alternate category.
- City of Cockburn Elected Members, Staff Members and Family Members can not be nominated.
- Nominees must be aware of and agree to the nomination being submitted.
- Referees must not be related to the nominees.
- A minimum of three nominees must be recorded for each category to validate the category and allow judging to proceed.
Hard copies of the nomination form can be obtained from the Volunteer Resource Centre T: 9411 3490, for those who are unable to complete an online form.
All nominations are to be submitted by Thursday 30 Sept 2021, COB
Judging and Results
A judging panel will consider all nominations and select one winner and two runner ups from each award category. Selections will be based on the award category suitability and the response to the selection criteria. All judging is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Presentation of the Awards
Award winners will be announced at the Cockburn Volunteer Awards Ceremony on Sunday, 21 November 2021.
Total prize pool $3600 with the following allocation per category:
First place - $500 gift voucher
Second place - $400 gift voucher
Third place - $300 gift voucher
Contact the Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre (CVRC)
Telephone: (08) 9411 3490