Do you or a family member need help with any of the following issues?
- Depression or sadness
- Stress or anxiety
- Relationship problems
- Anger management
- Grief, loss and change.
The Cockburn Support Service provides free counselling, information and support for City of Cockburn residents. This support is provided in a confidential and caring environment.
We provide short-term counselling to individuals and their families. If you are experiencing any of the issues mentioned above, you may like to speak with one of our qualified staff.
We also provide information and referrals to help you connect with services and resources in the community including:
- Long-term counselling
- Disability support
- Children’s services
- Housing and employment
- Education and training
- Health and legal issues.
We will work alongside you to assist you through the systems that significantly impact your life such as education, health care, disability services and housing.
If you or someone you know is experiencing Family and Domestic Violence in an emergency situation or is in immediate danger, call 000.
If it is not an emergency, the following services provide counselling, support and referrals for victims of Family and Domestic Violence, including refuges or other accommodation support. These helplines can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are assisting someone who does not speak English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 and they can connect you with the service of their choice and interpret for them. You can also call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 if you have a hearing or speech impairment.
Women's Domestic Violence Helpline (including referral to a women’s refuge)
08 9223 1188 or 1800 007 339 (free call)
Men's Domestic Violence Helpline (provides counselling and referrals for male perpetrators as well as male victims of Family and Domestic Violence)
08 9223 1199 or 1800 000 599 (free call)
Sexual Assault Resource Centre
08 9340 1828 or 1800 199 888 (free call)
Crisis Care Helpline
08 9223 1111 or 1800 199 008 (free call)
13 11 14 (free call)
Elder Abuse Support Line
1800 353 374 (free call)
1800 737 732 (free call)
Online chat support opens in a new window
Visit the Family and Domestic Violence website opens in a new window for more information.
We provide group activities and workshops including:
- Support groups
- Parent and child groups
- Workshops on mindfulness, self-esteem and anxiety.
Activities and workshops:
- My Time: a group for Aboriginal parents and grandparents. The group meets on Tuesdays during school terms at the Coolbellup Community Hub.
- Beeliar Hub: a local meeting place for parents and young children to meet and socialise with other parents in the community. The group meets on Wednesdays during school terms at the Beeliar Community Centre.
- Wise Women Workshops: activities and topics for discussion for women over 45 years. The group meets on the last Tuesday of the month at the Cockburn Health and Community Facility.
- Cockburn Grow Group: a free mental wellness program to help you recover from mental health issues and achieve your personal goals. The group meets on Mondays at the Cockburn Health and Community Facility.
Please visit the Events and Workshops
page for more details on the above activities.
For more information please call the Cockburn Support Service on 08 9411 3859 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.