Do you or a family member need help with any of the following issues?
- Depression or sadness
- Stress or anxiety
- Relationship problems
- Anger management
- Grief, loss and change.
The Cockburn Support Service provides free counselling, information and support for City of Cockburn residents. This support is provided in a confidential and caring environment.
We provide short-term counselling to individuals and their families. If you are experiencing any of the issues mentioned above, you may like to speak with one of our qualified staff.
We also provide information and referrals to help you connect with services and resources in the community including:
- Long-term counselling
- Disability support
- Children’s services
- Domestic violence services
- Housing and employment
- Education and training
- Health and legal issues.
We will work alongside you to assist you through the systems that significantly impact your life such as education, health care, disability services and housing.
We provide group activities and workshops including:
- Support groups
- Parent and child groups
- Workshops on mindfulness, self-esteem and anxiety.
Activities and workshops:
- My Time: a group for Aboriginal parents and grandparents. The group meets on Tuesdays during school terms at the Coolbellup Community Hub.
- Beeliar Hub: a local meeting place for parents and young children to meet and socialise with other parents in the community. The group meets on Wednesdays during school terms at the Beeliar Community Centre.
- Wise Women Workshops: activities and topics for discussion for women over 45 years. The group meets on the last Tuesday of the month at the Cockburn Health and Community Facility.
- Cockburn Grow Group: a free mental wellness program to help you recover from mental health issues and achieve your personal goals. The group meets on Mondays at the Cockburn Health and Community Facility.
Please visit the Events and Workshops
page for more details on the above activities.
Please contact the Cockburn Support Service for more information on 08 9411 3859 or at firstname.lastname@example.org