How we can help
Do you or a family member need help with the following issues?
- Depression or sadness
- Stress or anxiety
- Relationship problems
- Anger management
- Grief, loss and change.
The Cockburn Support Service provides free counselling, information and support for City of Cockburn residents. This support is provided in a confidential and caring environment.
We provide short-term counselling to individuals and their families. If you are experiencing any of the issues mentioned above, you may like to speak with one of our staff.
Information and referrals
We provide information and referrals to help you connect with services and resources in the community including:
- Long-term counselling
- Disability support
- Children’s services
- Domestic violence services
- Housing and employment
- Education and training
- Health and legal issues.
We work alongside you to assist you through the systems that significantly impact your life such as education, health care, disability services and housing.
We provide group activities and workshops including support groups, parent and child groups and a variety of workshops on mindfulness, self-esteem and anxiety.
- Me Time: "Me Time" is a group for Aboriginal parents and grandparents. The group meets on Tuesdays during school terms at the Coolbellup Community Hub.
- Beeliar Hub: The Beeliar Hub is a local meeting place for parents and young children. The group is an opportunity to meet and socialise with other parents in your community. The group meets on Wednesdays during school terms.
- Wise Women Workshops: Wise Women Workshops provide activities and topics for discussion for women over 45 years. The group meets on the last Tuesday of the month at the Cockburn Health & Community Facility.
- Women of the World: Women of the World is a multicultural group for women who are new to Perth and who want to make new friends and social connections. The group meets on Thursdays during school terms at the Yangebup Family Centre.
- 'Surviving and Managing Separation' Workshop: Lifeline WA is offering two FREE workshops for anyone who may be experiencing issues associated with separation and divorce. The workshops will be held on Thursday, 14 and 21 September from 11am to 1pm at the Yangebup Family Centre. RSVP is essential by Friday 8 September on 08 9411 3859.
- Anxiety Support Group (Expression of Interest): We are gauging interest from the community about running a FREE Anxiety Support Group where you will learn techniques to reduce anxiety through yoga, mindfulness and much more. Further details will be notified based on interest. If you are interested, please contact 08 9411 3859.
Please visit What’s On
for more details on the above activities.
Please contact the Cockburn Support Service for more information on 08 9411 3859 or at firstname.lastname@example.org