Carol Reeve-Fowkes is the City of Cockburn’s new East ward representative.
It will be her second stint as a Cockburn Councillor, having represented the West ward between 2007-2019.
Nearly 28 per cent of the ward’s 22,823 eligible voters participated in the WA Electoral Commission poll which attracted six candidates.
The final results were:
- Carol Reeve-Fowkes – 1,596 votes or 25.25% of the poll
- Craig Dunne – 1,508 votes (23.86%)
- LeChun (Carol) Zhang – 1,303 votes (20.62%)
- Stephen Greenwood – 1,005 votes (15.90%)
- Papori Barua – 596 votes (9.43%)
- Robyn Walsh – 312 votes (4.94%).
Cr Reeve-Fowkes will attend her first Council meeting as an East ward Councillor on Thursday 14 July.
Her term will expire on 21 October 2023 when the next round of Local Government Elections is due to be held.
The East ward vacancy became available due to the resignation of former Councillor Chamonix Terblanche on 6 April 2022, requiring an Extraordinary Election to fill the vacancy.
For more information visit the WA Electoral Commission website
Learn more about Cockburn’s Elected Members on the City’s website