The Local Commercial and Activity Centres Strategy is a 10 – 15 year plan for the growth and development of the City’s commercial centres. The Strategy is set within the State Planning Framework and is aligned to the City’s Strategic Community Plan and Town Planning Scheme. The Strategy will be updated in 2017-18. Find out about the aim, key issues, status and context of the Strategy.
The Local Commercial and Activity Centres Strategy (LCACS) was adopted in 2012 and sets the vision for the planning and development of the City's commercial centres over the next 10-15 years.
The LCACS addresses:
- Employment targets outlined in the State’s Planning Policy for Perth and Peel - Directions 2031
- Residential dwelling targets set out in State Planning Policy 4.2 (SPP4.2), Activity Centres for Perth and Peel
- Specialised Centres within the City and its context (Jandakot and Murdoch)
- Finer grained centre design considerations such accessibility, the quality of the public realm, land use mix and intensity.
The LCACS also considers the significant economic activities undertaken outside of the City's commercial and retail centres. The City has a number of strategic employment centres
, which will be important in achieving the employment target set out in Directions 2031. These areas include the Australian Marine Complex, Latitude 32, Bibra Lake Commercial Park and Jandakot Airport.
The LCACS will be reviewed in the 2017-18 financial year, to ensure it continues to be up to date and aligned with the City’s strategic objectives.
The LCACS is guided by the SPP4.2 and Directions 2031.
The Local Commercial and Activity Centres Strategy is also aligned with the aims of the City’s Strategic Community Plan
, across key areas of focus including:
- City Growth
- Community, Lifestyle and Security
- Economic, Social and Environmental Responsibility
- Leading and Listening.
The LCACS operates within the land use framework of the Town Planning Scheme No. 3.
Please contact Strategic Planning for more information on the Local Commercial and Activity Centres Strategy by phone 08 9411 3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.