A state-of-the-art integrated aquatic, recreation, education and elite-athlete training facility. One of the largest developments of its kind in Australia, the project represented the new benchmark for a modern day recreation, elite sporting and education facility development that encompasses universal access and environmentally sustainable design features.
The $110M landmark development was delivered in partnership with the Fremantle Dockers Football Club (FFC) and Curtin University, and through major funding support from the Western Australian and Commonwealth governments. The centre was opened officially on Friday 19 May, 2017.
For more information, visit Cockburn ARC website
What does the facility include?
- An eight to ten lane, 25 metre indoor heated pool
- A nine to ten lane 50 metre outdoor heated pool
- A learn-to-swim and interactive water facilities, including three world-class water slides
- A warm pool and spa, sauna and steam room
- Change facilities catering for families, schools/group entry and people with a disability
- A six-court, multi-sport indoor sports stadium
- A fully equipped gym and separate studios for fitness, mind and body and Indoor cycle
- Specialist children facilities, including crèche, birthday party room, indoor play centre
- Meeting rooms and spaces available for community booking
- Centrally located cafe
More about the Cockburn ARC
With the latest in cardio and strength equipment, the health club boasts a functional training zone, personal training studio and outdoor training terrace all with the latest equipment, technology and designer finishes.
Whether you are swimming for fun or fitness or just learning to swim, the outdoor and indoor pools cater for everyone. Plus there are three premier water slides for the young and young at heart.
The centre looks after an individual's fitness, mind and body needs through specialised studios. Allied health partners, Lifecare, are also on hand within the centre itself.
Our six court stadium host a range of sports, from soccer, basketball and netball for social teams, and members of the community.
Cockburn ARC is a great place to catch up with friends and family. There is a café on site and plenty of space to hang out and relax.
Whether it’s time at the crèche, a party in the play centre or a splash in the interactive water play area, Cockburn ARC is a kid’s favourite place to be.
A sustainable facility
- Australia’s largest rooftop solar installation – a massive 1MW
- Will save around $300,000/ yr and a carbon dioxide offset of 1170 tonnes a year.
- High efficiency pool water filtration system - significantly reduce total water consumption
- Building orientation to reduce the need for air conditioning
- Building Management System (BMS) with direct digital controllers (DDC) to control air-conditioning and ventilation equipment