The Environmental Education for Schools Grant provides schools financial support to engage environmental education for sustainability educators to deliver programs either as incursions or excursions.
To apply, you must be:
- A primary, secondary, K-12 and registered home school groups*
- A school located within the City of Cockburn.
*A home school group is a collective of more than 5 families. Individual families are not eligible.
Schools can apply for a maximum of $1000. For excursions, the grant can partly fund bus services up to the value of $300.
The grant funds workshops, activities or presentations delivered by environmental educators for student learning. A list of educators is provided for applicants to choose preferences from, with the option to suggest alternative educators.
The grant cannot be used for equipment, materials, resources and staff professional development.
Applications open 12 February and close on 22 March 2024.
- Ensure you are eligible to apply and review the conditions and limitations below
- Submit your application through the link below.
Please note, your application must demonstrate a commitment to incorporating environmental and sustainability principles into the school and local community, through existing school activities and participation in school, local or state programs.
Apply for Environmental Education for Schools Grant
Before applying please ensure you are aware of the following:
- Funding is granted as a single instance of support, without a promise of future funding.
- Applicants who have previously received funding must have fully accounted for that funding before submitting a new application.
- Funding cannot be used for personal items, food, catering costs ot student exchange programs.
- Funding will not be provided for projects or events that:
- Have already taken place or will occur within two months after the application deadline
- May divide communities by denigrating, excluding, or offending community group
- May present a hazard to the community or environment
- Relates to political campaigns or lobbying.
- If approved:
- A teacher or group of teachers must be nominated as a point of contact and to coordinate the funded activities. The City of Cockburn will provide assistance but will not coordinate the program.
- All grants are to be acquitted by 31 December within the grant round year. All relevant receipts for your activities, capture proof of activities taking place e.g. photographs must be retained to acquit your grant online. Proof of payment must be in the form of receipts or a zero balance invoice.
- Any unused funds must be returned.
- If your project has not been completed in the proposed timeframe, you need to let us know. Extensions may be granted and we may be able to assist you if there are difficulties.
For more information contact the City's Environmental Education Officer on 08 9411 3444 or email [email protected]