The Sustainability Grants Program provides funding for projects in Cockburn relating to six sustainability themes. Small businesses, schools, not-for profits and collective households can apply. Successful applicants can apply for up to $4,000 towards the project. Contact the Sustainability Officer to discuss your application.
What type of sustainability projects are funded?
Sustainability grants are arranged into six themes. Applicants can apply for a range of projects under one of the following themes:
- Giving Back aims to improve social equity and involvement across the City. Possible projects include volunteering, helping those in need, providing opportunities to participate.
- Protecting our Future aims to build resilience to climate change and/or safeguarding biodiversity. Possible projects include native or productive food gardens, climate change education, preservation of natural areas.
- Strong Communities aims to build community capacity. Possible projects include community development, events and inclusive neighbourhoods.
- Water, Energy and Waste aims to promote resource use efficiency. Possible projects include increased recycling, composting, improved water and energy efficiency.
- TravelSmart aims to support the uptake of alternative transport. Possible projects include end of trip facilities, TravelSmart events, education.
- Healthy Lifestyles aims to promote opportunities for improved public health outcomes in the community. Possible projects include events, healthy lifestyle programs and education.
Selection criteria can also be found in the sustainability grants guidelines and on the application form at the Cockburn Smarty Grants website
Sustainability Grants Video
Watch successful recipients of the City of Cockburn sustainable grant, Perth Waldorf School create something amazing.
Please note: A copy of the Sustainability Grants video transcript is available in the 'Related Documents' area below.