Officer support is available for up to six months to help not-for-profit groups with community projects including:
- Project planning and management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Funding opportunities.
The City can assist with projects such as:
- Becoming incorporated
- Organising a community event
- Club revitalisation and sustainability
- Community activation and place making.
The City's Community Development Team offer free training workshops for Cockburn community members. The full list of training workshops can be found on the City’s Events Calendar. You can also suggest workshop training ideas by emailing email@example.com
There are a number of annual networking opportunities available for not-for-profit groups to help build partnerships including:
Business and community events
These events help community groups and local businesses discover the power of networking, tap into various resources for success, build new partnerships and experience first hand the ways community and business can work together.
Community networking event
This event is an opportunity for not-for-profit groups to network in a more casual, relaxed setting.
This annual event is a great opportunity for volunteers and community groups/sporting clubs to share information and learn from one another.
Volunteers and not-for-profit groups can hire the Cockburn Community Trailer for free. The trailer includes equipment for events including:
- 60L Rubbish Bins
- BBQs (no gas bottle)
- A broom and rakes
- Fire extinguisher
- A Marquee
- Plastic bollards
- Rectangular tables and chairs
- A tool box and shovel
- A tub for cool drinks
- Safety vests.
To book the trailer, please complete the Trailer Hire Form found in the related documents below.
The City of Cockburn can subsidise the cost of public liability insurance and volunteer accident cover to eligible not for profit organisations in Cockburn. The following groups are eligible for the Cockburn Community Insurance Program:
- Cockburn Resident Associations
- Cockburn Seniors Groups
Other groups where:
- The group is affiliated (member of/or relationship with) a local Resident/Community Association
- The group has no more than $3,000 in annual net income generated from:
(a) Core business or
(b) Donations or sponsorship for operational costs
- The group does not have the option to affiliate to a peak body or State/National organisation with insurance provisions, or cannot access insurance cover by other means
- The group's aims and objectives allow for longevity of the group beyond resolution of single issues
- The group is not a religious body
- The group is not a political interest group or party.
There are ten banner spaces around the City for community and not-for-profit groups to hire for free.
To reserve a banner space, please complete the online Application to Hire Cockburn Community Signs Form
Other opportunities for groups to promote themselves or their activities include:
- You can like the Cockburn Community Groups Facebook Page and share information about events you may be hosting
- Sign up for the Cockburn Community Group monthly e-newsletter
- Email the Community Development team with details for promotion in the e-newsletter.
Contact Community Development for more information on services for not-for-profit groups in Cockburn on 08 9411 3444 or at firstname.lastname@example.org