You can request copies of building plans and building related documents granted by the City of Cockburn.
- Residential or commercial building plans
- Building Permit
- Occupancy permit
- Demolition permit
- Building approval certificate
- Certificate of design compliance
- Certificate of construction compliance
- Certificate of building compliance
- Property owners or agents for the owner can make applications to obtain copies of building permit and plans for a property located in the City of Cockburn.
- If you are not the owner of the property that you are requesting plans for, the current owner's written consent and signature is required to process your request.
- If our property records show the owner of a property is a company, you may be required to supply proof of directorship.
- If the property is held in the form of a Strata Title, then the signature/seal of the Secretary of the body corporate or managing agent will be required. If this is not available, the signatures of all owners involved in the Strata Subdivision will be required.
Five things to know before you start
Every effort will be made to obtain the requested information, however if the information is not available or not of your expected quality - the search fee will not be refunded.
All plans requested to be printed will be printed in A3 size, black and whit eonly and will not be to any scale.
Drainage plumbing plans
Plans that have been submitted for a residential building permit application do not show house drainage plumbing details. It may be possible to get plumbing diagrams from the Department of Mines, Industry, Regulation and Safety.
Time to process
Applications are generally processed within five (5) working days. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant.
Proof of identity
Proof of identity may be asked for when submitting an application.
How to order and pay
To request plans, download our Application to Request Building Plans PDF form and submit your completed form and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can submit the application form/documents at the Council Offices in person at 9 Coleville Crescent, Spearwood. No appointment is neccessary.
After your application has been processed, we will contact you for payment.
Payment can be made via a credit card authorisation form or in person at the City of Cockburn offices using cash, debit/credit card or cheque.
Office hours are 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Individual building permits/plans - $32 per permit.
If there is three (3) or more building permits available/requested - all permit copies will be supplied for a flat rate of $82.
The fee allows for a maximum of 5 x A3 (or smaller sheets) of printed sheets. Extra pages printed will be at a cost of $1.20 per page.
Our preferred option of delivery is via email - there is no extra cost for supply of extra pages if delivered via email (pdf format).
If you choose to have your plans printed, they can be posted to you or you can collect them at the City of Cockburn offices during business hours.
Please note that the search fees are non-refundable.
Commercial /Industrial property
Individual permits supplied at a flat fee of $50 per permit.
Commercial permits will be supplied via a download link - via email only.