The City’s Habitat for Homes program encourages its residents to create habitats in their homes by growing native gardens and having bird baths for native animals to find shelter and food. Cockburn residents can receive a 50% rebate (up to $50) towards the cost of a bird bath. A completed form, proof of address and proof of purchase must be provided. There is a limit of one rebate per household.
Note: Rebates will be processed within 8 weeks and are paid at the end of the month.
To apply, complete the online application form below.
Bird Bath Rebate Application Form
Bird baths should be:
- Chest height making them less reachable to cats and dogs
- Located on your private property (e.g. not on the verge)
- Around 6cm deep to help native birds drink and wash
- In sheltered areas (e.g. under a tree)
- Lightweight, as they are easier to clean and move
- Close to or connected to existing reticulation, to save on water.
Please contact Environmental Services for more information on 08 9411 3444 or at email@example.com.