The City’s Habitat for Homes program encourages its residents to create habitats in their homes by growing native gardens and having bird baths for native animals to find shelter and food. Cockburn residents can receive a 50% rebate (up to $50) towards the cost of a bird bath.
Bird bath rebate program
City of Cockburn residents will receive a rebate of half the cost of a bird bath (up to the value of $50) that they have purchased. A completed form, proof of address and proof of purchase must be provided. There is a limit of one rebate per household.
Note: Rebates are only paid at the end of the month.
To apply, complete the online application form below.
Bird Bath Rebate Application Form
How to choose a bird bath
Bird baths should be:
- Chest height making them less reachable to cats and dogs
- Located on your private property (e.g. not on the verge)
- Around 6cm deep to help native birds drink and wash
- In sheltered areas (e.g. under a tree)
- Lightweight, as they are easier to clean and move
- Close to or connected to existing reticulation, to save on water.
More information and contact
Please contact Environmental Services for more information on 08 9411 3444 or at email@example.com.