The City hosts a range of activities, programs, workshops and events for families in Cockburn.
For a full list of events for families and children in the City visit What's On
Froggy’s Fun on the Green is a free family-friendly mobile outdoor play program for anyone with children aged 0 to 5 years. Held during school terms, Mondays are at Manning Park and Tuesday sessions rotate each term to different parks/venues i.e. four other parks/venues will be visited during the course of the year. In the third term the Tuesday session is held at a venue with an indoor option.
The program includes activities for children and is a chance for mums, dads and carers to connect with others, access information on child development and get support in their parenting roles in a family-friendly environment.
Visit What's On for the days, dates and venues.
- If you arrive early, please use the playground until the session is set up
- Help staff pack up after the session
- Park in the designated parking areas, not the verge, to avoid fines by Rangers
- Lock car doors and windows
- Do not bring your dogs for safety reasons
- The City of Cockburn accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by attending this program
- Parents/carers are responsible for looking after their children
- Froggy’s operates during school terms on school days. Check the start date at the beginning of the new term by visiting What's On
- If the weather is bad, staff will stay at the venue for 20 minutes and if there is no improvement, the session will be cancelled. In case of bad weather, call 0467 713 447 to check whether Froggy's is operating.
Teddy Bears Picnic is a free family-friendly event held each October at Manning Park for children and families, offering face painting, entertainment, free rides, an animal farm, information on parenting, support services and much more! This year Teddy Bears Picnic will offer a new Hello Baby Corner to cater for parents who have babies or those who are pregnant. See What's On
closer to the time.
Hello Baby Event is changing. From October 2017 Hello Baby will become part of Teddy Bears Picnic, with a designated Hello Baby Corner. This will offer many of the same activities, information and support Hello Baby use to offer. The combined event will meet the needs of families with both babies and toddlers, plus those who are pregnant.
Please visit What’s On
, our library page
or our playgroups, prekindys and kindy page
for information on regular activities, workshops and events including Atwell 3 Year Old Playclub, Women of the World, the Cockatoo Kids Club and Creative Kids at the Library. Many of the City’s events are free.
Please contact the Children’s Development Officer for more information on activities, workshops and events for families and children
on 08 9411 3444
or at email@example.com