School holiday program
‘Get Wild About Wetlands’ is a series of eco walks, talks and night stalks held for families during the school holidays. All events held at Cockburn Wetlands Education Centre unless otherwsie specified.
Get Twitchy at Yangebup Lake $5
Book your family in for a range of adventures these holidays:
Kids Vs Wild $5
- Friday 12 January, 7.30am-9.30am
- Enjoy a guided walk and breakfast with the birds
- Meeting Location: end of Yangebup Road (adjacent to Mater Christi Catholic Primary School))
Trash to Tunes $5
- Monday 15 January, 10am-midday
- Learn skills for surviving in the wild
Frog Night Stalk $5
- Wednesday 17 January, Session 1: 9.30am-10.30am and Session 2: 11am-midday
- Create music from upcycled materials with Junkadelic
Murder and Mayhem on the Batavia $5
- Friday 19 January, 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Help us survey our local frog stars
Birak Discoveries $5
- Wednesday 24 January, 10am-midday
- Explore maritime history and artefacts
- Wednesday 24 January, 1.30pm-3.30pm
- Aboriginal stories, spear-throwing and jewellery making
The events are suitable for children aged 5-12 years.
Please wear long trousers, closed in shoes and a hat for all events and bring your drink bottle.
Please register online
Gold coin donation unless otherwise specified. All proceeds to wetland conservation.
The program is a community and local government partnership between the Wetlands Centre and the City of Cockburn.