Every Monday for four weeks
Presented by the South West Metropolitan Parenting Service and the City of Cockburn, this free four week parenting group will teach you emotional coaching skills to help you recognise, understand and manage your own emotions and those of your child during difficult times.
Topics covered over the four weeks include:
- Understand the relationship between children’s emotions and behaviour
- Support children to understand strong emotions and deal with conflict
- Use children’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- Assist children to verbally label and manage their emotions
- Develop skills to assist children in problem solving
- Guide children’s behaviour with appropriate limits.
Suitable for parents of children 5-12 years.