Expression of Interest for Cockburn’s Design Review Panel open now
City of Cockburn Design Review Panel
The City of Cockburn invites expressions of interest to be part of Council’s Design Review Panel. Submissions must be received by 5pm Wednesday 23 December 2020.
Why does Council need a Design Review Panel?
Design quality is important to the City of Cockburn and allows solutions to be collaborative, gaining expert independent advice on the design quality of significant and complex development application proposals.
Integrating design review into the planning system is a key component of the implementation and operation of State Planning Policy 7.0 Design of the Built Environment
What is the role of the Design Review Panel?
The Design Review Panel will:
- Attend monthly meetings either at the Council Administration Building or via video link, as required;
- Provide independent expert advice on the design of various development application proposals meeting the criteria in Local Planning Policy No. 5.16 *, select structure plan urban design concepts or pre-development application proposals and at times development related policy development;
- Carry out the review of various proposals against the ten design principles within State Planning Policy 7.0 Design of the Built Environment;
- Provide, through the Chairperson, collaborative and independent expert advice on design quality through a formal written recommendation addressing the ten design principles.
- The specific roles and responsibilities of the Chairperson and the Panel members are outlined in Local Planning Policy No. 5.16.
The appointed panel of 5 persons with a minimum of 3 for any such meeting will be in place for a 2-year term. Panel members are paid for attendance per meeting attended.
Who is eligible?
The skill base for being a panel member may comprise of any of the following:
- Urban Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Other relevant profession
If you are a qualified, skilled and experienced professional from within these fields with the ability to analyse proposals against the design principles you are encouraged to submit an expression of interest by submitting your resume and a cover letter
in the form below comprising a response to the following supporting statements:
*The Terms of Reference for the Panel and other related information can be obtained in the related documents below under; Design Review Panel Local Planning Policy No. 5.16