Sport and Recreation plays an important role in keeping our local community vibrant and active. The City of Cockburn is proud to have a number of local sporting clubs that provide a variety of sporting opportunities to the wider community.
To assist our local clubs, the Sports Equipment Grant (SEG) has been developed to reflect our commitment to support local sporting clubs by contributing to the purchase of essential sports equipment. The key focus of the grant is to help upgrade sporting equipment to increase community participation in sport and recreation. The maximum amount available is $1,000 per year with Council’s contribution not to exceed 50% of the total cost.
Who is eligible for a Sporting Equipment Grant?
Incorporated and not-for-profit sport and recreation clubs may apply for sporting equipment grants. Please note that clubs must be based or operating within the City of Cockburn and be servicing a significant number of local residents.
Grant terms and conditions
Please note the following Sporting Equipment Grant conditions:
- No additional funding will be provided over the approved application
- Grants will not exceed 50% of the total project cost
- Additional information must be attached to the application form (i.e. quote or itemised invoice)
- Funds are required to be used for “club owned” equipment for a team purpose
- Funds are not to be used for equipment for an individual purpose i.e. boots, mouthguards
- No retrospective funding will be provided for goods already purchased.
How can I apply for a Sporting Equipment Grant
The Sporting Equipment Grant program has the following process:
Contact the City’s Club Development Officer to confirm your eligibility, and to request an application form
Submit an application to the City’s Recreation Services
For more information on the Sporting Equipment Grant, please contact the Club Development Officer on 08 9411 3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org