Sporting clubs who financially affected by cancellation or suspension of sport due to the COVID-19 situation can apply to the City for a one-off grant for financial support to help cover urgent expenses.
- Must be incorporated and not for profit.
- Based or operating within the municipal boundaries of the City of Cockburn.
- Demonstrate financial loss of 20% or more year to date (YTD) as of 30 April 2020 due to sport being postponed or cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent social distancing measures required to be implemented by the community.
- Be in urgent and genuine need of financial assistance.
- Schools/playgroups/community groups are not included in these guidelines.
Grant applications will open on 1 May 2020 and close 22 May 2020.
Recreation Services will endeavour to advise clubs of the outcome of their application by 5pm 29 May 2020. Funds will be electronically deposited into the clubs nominated account within 30 days of a club invoice for the approved amount being received.
All sporting clubs that meet the eligibility criteria may apply for up to $750.00 (ex GST). Clubs that are on a lease agreement with the City are eligible for up to $2,000.00 (ex GST).
Given the Covid-19 situation is shifting; the City will consider further relief for sporting organisations who are experiencing financial hardship. This will be dependent upon (but not limited to) available funds, other available grants/relief packages within industry and the overall impact on the COVID-19 pandemic.
May include but not limited to:
- Utility bills – where applicable
- Insurance premiums
- Other incoming invoices that cannot be met due to income streams being affected
Funding will not be provided for:
- Employee, coach or player wages and superannuation.
- Credit card or loan repayments.
- City of Cockburn charges (please discuss these with the City in the first instance).
- Discretionary expenses (expenses that can be cancelled, put on hold or are not deemed necessary to conduct the business of the organisation).
How to apply
Please complete the online form
More information and contact
For more information, to discuss your application or to submit, please contact the City’s Club Development Officer on 08 9411 3444 or at firstname.lastname@example.org