The Cockburn Youth Leadership Program is a leadership workshop designed for students and young leaders who:
- Live, study, volunteer, recreate or work in the City of Cockburn
- Aged 15–24 years
- Don’t feel heard and are passionate about making a change in the world
- Want to become a changemaker and advocate.
The program is centred around:
- Introduction to advocacy
- Pathways to changemaking
- Changemaking 101
- Ideas in action.
The Cockburn Youth Leadership Program will be held on Tuesdays May 2,9,16 and 23 from 4-5pm at the Youth Centre.
To register, complete the application form below.
Cockburn Youth Leadership Program Application Form
The workshop will focus on a range of topics, including:
• Opportunities for advocacy at an individual, organisational, and systemic level
• Presentation by three to four young changemakers who have chosen to create change/advocate for different causes in a variety of different ways, such as entrepreneurship, advocacy, and intrapreneurship
• Identifying your own personal strengths, experiences, skills, and passions and exploring how they could be combined/connected to different changemaking pathways
• Build on your ideas and develop a short pitch for the problem you have chosen to work on
• Create a roadmap and accountability strategy for putting your ideas into practice beyond the workshops.
Please contact the Youth Development Officer for more information on the Cockburn Youth Leadership Program on 08 9411 3882 or via email.