Cockburn Libraries run regular programs for adults throughout the year. Dates and times are subject to change – visit the Cockburn Libraries website opens in a new window for further details and for all bookings.
Cockburn Libraries’ book clubs are a great opportunity to read new authors and engage in lively discussions and debates. (Charges apply for book hire).
- Coolbellup Library - 10.30am - Last Friday of the month
- Spearwood Library - Morning Book Club: 10am - Third Monday of the month
- Spearwood Library - Evening Book Club: 6.30pm - Third Thursday of the month
- Success Library - 5.30pm - Third Thursday of the month.
Coolbellup Community Cafe and Support Group
People with disabilities and their carers are very welcome to drop in for a cuppa and a chat. Talk over problems and share information about community resources.
- Coolbellup Library - 10.30am-12.30pm Thursdays.
Creative Corners Writing Group
Bring along your prose, poetry or any written work for feedback and ideas. Even if you just need encouragement to write, come along and be inspired by others in the group.
- Coolbellup Library - 1-3pm Wednesdays.
English Conversation Classes
If English is not your first language and you wish to improve your skills, then come along to these weekly* classes (*during school terms only).
- Coolbellup Library - 10-11.30am Tuesdays
- Spearwood Library - 10-11.30am Fridays
- Success Library - 10.30am-noon Mondays.
Meet up with other knitters and crocheters to stitch and chat.
- Coolbellup Library - 9.30am-noon Wednesdays
- Spearwood Library - 9.30am-noon Wednesdays
- Success Library - 9.30am-noon Thursdays.
Papercrafts and more...
Get creative and learn new papercraft skills. Cards, scrapbooks, star books and paper piecing. Share ideas over a coffee. (Cost for materials is $10 per week.)
- Coolbellup Library - 10am-1pm First and third Friday of the month (during school terms).
Come along, armed with your favourite poems to make new friends, have great discussions and share a free cup of tea or coffee.
- Coolbellup Library - 10am-noon Second Friday of the month.